Sunday, first or last?

Non sequitur

Going into thanksgiving week, would a Sunday punch be the first day of the week? If so, would a black Friday punch be counted as the 6th punch?

quad decade guy

Going into thanksgiving week, would a Sunday punch be the first day of the week? If so, would a black Friday punch be counted as the 6th punch?
I work Sun. thru Thurs......Sunday is my first day....Friday would be my 6th at double time it being a holiday...

Keeping in mind Black Friday is considered a "regular work day" now....even though it is an official holiday....I have yet to hear an official response from the Union......just deflection....."It is a holiday...." Not "You don't have to work...." "What if I get fired...?" "It is a holiday...."

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I work Sun. thru Thurs......Sunday is my first day....Friday would be my 6th at double time it being a holiday...

Keeping in mind Black Friday is considered a "regular work day" now....even though it is an official holiday....I have yet to hear an official response from the Union......just deflection....."It is a holiday...." Not "You don't have to work...." "What if I get fired...?" "It is a holiday...."

You do realize.... you can be scheduled to work on any holiday.... right ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

In the Central.... yep.

Section 4

"Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, regular seniority employees required to work on any of the above named holidays shall receive double his/her regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees and four (4) hours for part-time employees. Also, no employee shall be required to work on Labor Day unless authorized by the local union."

GameCockFan

Sunday is always the first punch of the week. Pay period runs Sun-Sat, when you bid vacations it always week ending on Saturday.It may not be counted as a sixth punch because Thurs is a holiday. However, it is a holiday so you get either 2x or 1.5x all hours (depending on supplement) plus 10 hr holiday pay. Here if its an extra/unscheduled run you get double time for the Sunday as well

542thruNthru

In the Central.... yep.

Section 4

"Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, regular seniority employees required to work on any of the above named holidays shall receive double his/her regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees and four (4) hours for part-time employees. Also, no employee shall be required to work on Labor Day unless authorized by the local union."

I'd hope a local union would never agree to working labor day.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
In the Central.... yep.

Section 4

I‘d like this to be one of the new bosses first priorities. No reason for us to be working holidays as a unionized workforce with the amount of profit this company makes.