Sunday Ground?

Indecisi0n

Greetings. Has anybody heard anything in regards to making Sunday a regular delivery day? I talked with someone in management earlier this week and they said there's a chance that we'll start Sunday deliveries next year, but nothing is confirmed yet, there's no plan. But I've been asking around and nobody else in management or in the union has heard anything about it. I think that with negotiations coming up this would be a big deal and somebody would have heard something by now.

I'm asking because I got about 10 years PT seniority and I want to go driving. But Sunday is an important day for me with family & such. So right now I'm still weighing my options about what's best. I don't doubt it will happen eventually, but do you think so soon by next year? Has anybody in any of your centers said anything similar or do you guys have any info?
It already started at my center. It's in testing.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the exorbitant shipping charge will justify it
and, it won't be just Sat. pickup, Friday also
got to get it there before Monday...
Friday volume is already being moved by a lot of Sunday hub sorts, this is nothing new

nothing that is 1-day time-in-transit will be moved any faster than Saturday, and anything more than that doesn't matter enough to pick up on Sunday

until loads can be advanced from Tues/Weds, or brick & mortar businesses start running longer on Sundays, it's not going to happen

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
no because it's not about the delivery but the pickups

tons of businesses are closed or have limited hours sunday so it's not likely anytime soon

Not if there isn't enough pickup volume on Saturday to justify it.

Neither of you is even close to being high enough on the corporate food chain to answer this. Have a great weekend. Hope you both have to work Saturday, I'm not.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Neither of you is even close to being high enough on the corporate food chain to answer this. Have a great weekend. Hope you both have to work Saturday, I'm not.
I'm not corporate
IMG_8418.JPG

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The post office has been delivering Amazon on Sunday around here for about a year now. That's ridiculous to me, nobody needs junk that bad.

Richard Cranium

Greetings. Has anybody heard anything in regards to making Sunday a regular delivery day? I talked with someone in management earlier this week and they said there's a chance that we'll start Sunday deliveries next year, but nothing is confirmed yet, there's no plan. But I've been asking around and nobody else in management or in the union has heard anything about it. I think that with negotiations coming up this would be a big deal and somebody would have heard something by now.

I'm asking because I got about 10 years PT seniority and I want to go driving. But Sunday is an important day for me with family & such. So right now I'm still weighing my options about what's best. I don't doubt it will happen eventually, but do you think so soon by next year? Has anybody in any of your centers said anything similar or do you guys have any info?
Just like they jammed through Saturday ground with no contest. We have to stay "Competetive"

MendozaJ

The current contract makes it impossible for the company to run a seven day operation. If Sunday is worded into the new agreement, then Sunday ground is imminent.

oldupsman

USPS delivers packages here on Sundays.
no one cares about what the post office does
you never thought you would deliver on Saturday

premium service on Sunday is the next logical step
Not if there isn't enough pickup volume on Saturday to justify it.

It's all about Amazon. And all internet shipping. There is no doubt in my mind UPS will become a 7 day a week
operation sooner than later. And it's an issue that should absolutely be part of the next contract.
I mean a BIG issue.

Daf

The company can't hire enough people to run Monday thru Friday. Maybe they should focus on that issue first. But I'm just an hourly peasant, what do I know....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The post office has been delivering Amazon on Sunday around here for about a year now. That's ridiculous to me, nobody needs junk that bad.
I've heard the postal workers delivering Sunday are newer employees that are paid much less than normal employees. Something about being classified as "carrier assistants".
Two tier wage system basically.