Sunday Ground?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
77 is impossible but if they roll 7 days a week, then we could get screwed with 70 hour rule

Provided you start the week Sunday just after midnight with a fresh reset and the let you finish Saturday with a double-punch, legally you could get 90 hours in on one paycheck using the 60 hours we are allowed.

Of course this would screw up your next week if you were in a bid run.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The scheduled workweek of all employees engaged in Package
and Central operations shall be Monday through Saturday.

That's how they got their Saturday drivers. There certainly weren't any volunteers.
Is that supplemental language?

DOK

They are going to have to finish rolling out Saturday ground. But we all got the talk this week of more changes coming down the pipeline. This could include sunday.
They specifically mentioned possibly adding a Saturday ground sort.
That would eleaviate some of the volume fluctuations on Monday's I would think.

Indecisi0n

Sunday right now is air only. It's so you can overnight from Saturday. There are only two drivers and most of the airs are doctor's/lawyers offices which are closed. I guess they are automated letters.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The post office has been delivering Amazon on Sunday around here for about a year now. That's ridiculous to me, nobody needs junk that bad.

They we're delivering here on Memorial Day. If you read the info about Amazon's personal delivery it says they will be delivering 365 days a year.

Who needs crap delivered on Memorial Day?

Trackless in brown

Its clear....UPS will be Amazons primary Sunday shipper soon...why else would UPS want Sunday service included in the labor agreement??? UPS and Amazon clearly have a deal already worked out.

Utility81

Greetings. Has anybody heard anything in regards to making Sunday a regular delivery day? I talked with someone in management earlier this week and they said there's a chance that we'll start Sunday deliveries next year, but nothing is confirmed yet, there's no plan. But I've been asking around and nobody else in management or in the union has heard anything about it. I think that with negotiations coming up this would be a big deal and somebody would have heard something by now.

I'm asking because I got about 10 years PT seniority and I want to go driving. But Sunday is an important day for me with family & such. So right now I'm still weighing my options about what's best. I don't doubt it will happen eventually, but do you think so soon by next year? Has anybody in any of your centers said anything similar or do you guys have any info?
I was also part time 10 years before I went full time(18 now). There just comes a point when you have to do it. I was single/no kids all of my part time years. Yeah, it’s hard work, but it pays well. You won’t have to worry about money anymore unless you are one of those guys that leases a Mercedes. Even if Sunday’s come up. It’s not forever. Guys retire and you’ll move up and out it.

Gone fishin

It's all about Amazon. And all internet shipping. There is no doubt in my mind UPS will become a 7 day a week
operation sooner than later. And it's an issue that should absolutely be part of the next contract.
I mean a BIG issue.
What happens if the Amazon delivery system actually works and takes a bulk of deliveries away