Sup sends me home early everyday

RolloTony Brown Town

Have you gotten your steward involved yet?

A quick conversation with your steward explaining what they’re doing to you should remedy the issue. They may even fix the shortages (guarantee 3.5) you’ve had without filing a grievance. Depends on the steward and supervisor. Tell your steward you want to be paid the remainder of your guarantee everyday you’ve been sent home early. Supervisor may lie and claim there was never a junior person working or that you volunteered willfully to go home.

This may put a target on you but if you do your job, aren’t an attendance/tardiness problem, and work as directed while on the clock then you’ll be fine.

Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m a pt package handler. I’ve been having issues with my pt sup that have caused me to go from being the last one there every night to being sent home 3 hours into the shift basically because she doesn’t like me. Everyday she sends me to unload and then home even though I’m a assigned to loading. There are other people on my belt that have less seniority than me (I’ll hit a year in March) that stay longer than me. Is there a seniority rule? Is there anything I can do about this sup?

Crying-Meme-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-34.gif

What'dyabringmetoday???

3hr guarantee for PT Air hub workers

3hr guarantee for PT Air drivers

3.5 guarantee for all other PT positions UNLESS you leave after completing assignment, then you only get 3hr guarantee as noted under Memorandum of Understanding st end of national contract.

View attachment 234900
I believe the intent is that if they "choose" to leave they forfeit guarantee. Maybe Big Union Man knows. After all- he knows everything...

trickpony1

The OP needs to find out hour many hours are needed to earn a year pension credit just in case he decides to make this a career.

If he goes FT, and eventually retires, he can get some PT pension.

What the OP doesn't want is, "...oh...well...you didn't work enough hours in years X, Y, Z to earn credit.".

….and guess what else? The company controls the PT pension. Connect the dots.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Maybe Big Union Man knows. After all- he knows everything...

Thanks for acknowledging that.

Memorandum of Understanding

Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be con- sidered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee. This shall not affect an employee’s right to a minimum three (3) hour daily guarantee.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Thanks for acknowledging that.

Memorandum of Understanding

Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be con- sidered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee. This shall not affect an employee’s right to a minimum three (3) hour daily guarantee.
Yes- that was already quoted. But don't you think that it means if the employee voluntarily leaves? If they ask for guarantee, they should get it. (And are willing to stay and work). I think you know what I am saying Big Guy.