Sup touching my packages?

haller

Is she hot? Girl they had checking for misloads had nice rack but no buttocks. Very big turnoff.

Last edited:

Box Ox

Also, on this pen like all sups, she pushes for speed. The drop is extremely heavy with 4 trucks, and I had 3 misloads with a 338 PPH.

She's also been pushing for me to stack all the bulk in the truck

When you get hurt, the company will pay for it but management is gonna ask why you didn't follow the safe work methods to cover themselves. Maintaining egress, the 8 keys, etc. So turn it around on them now and insist that you don't do anything unsafe.

If anything makes you feel uncomfortable, ask as loudly as you can (without yelling) so everyone can hear, "Why are you trying to make me work unsafely?" Stop the belt when you need to and insist that your work area is not safe if you need to.

You've gotta know where the line is between being a fantastic/fast/accurate loader and when you're getting unreasonable amount of :censored2: shoved down your throat. Management will never tell you.

The company will not protect you when it's trying to push for maximum production. So you've gotta look out for yourself.

Rack em

Made the Podium
First thing is you need to file for a sup working, or else they will expect you to be able to load like that all the time. Sup's shouldn't touch packages period, let alone stack you in a car creating egress issues. And as others have said don't sign anything and if they press the matter then ask for your steward ASAP. If the steward is gone then get the FT steward or wait until the next day.

Work at a quick but safe pace, if you have to stack out then stack out and put it away when you can. We are human beings, not robots. And the PC's are only so big so if you can't fit everything in the car in a safe manner then leave out what you have to and ups can figure out how to shuttle the package(s) down later. Just don't leave out early stops or businesses.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What would happen if the union for once, really clamped down on management working like they do using telemetrics and spying on us? Might be plenty of new dues money flowing in every month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What would happen if the union for once, really clamped down on management working like they do using telemetrics and spying on us? Might be plenty of new dues money flowing in every month.

What would happen if the union, for once, really clamped down on those drivers who start early and/or work through their lunch and breaks?

Our center manager is threatening to have those drivers who regularly come in off the road early (one hour or more) either change their paycode to 05 or work on the inside until thy have reached the 8 hour plus 45 minute point which, for us, is 1815.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Since the sup is at least partially loading your PC, who is to say she isn't the one who put the misloads in there? You can't. Could she be setting you up? Possibly. Nothing would suprise me about this outfit. That's why you and only you should touch the content going into your PC. Well, that, and they shouldn't be touching volume, unless for demonstration purposes. File.

When you get hurt, the company will pay for it but management is gonna ask why you didn't follow the safe work methods to cover themselves. Maintaining egress, the 8 keys, etc. So turn it around on them now and insist that you don't do anything unsafe.

If anything makes you feel uncomfortable, ask as loudly as you can (without yelling) so everyone can hear, "Why are you trying to make me work unsafely?" Stop the belt when you need to and insist that your work area is not safe if you need to.

You've gotta know where the line is between being a fantastic/fast/accurate loader and when you're getting unreasonable amount of :censored2: shoved down your throat. Management will never tell you.

The company will not protect you when it's trying to push for maximum production. So you've gotta look out for yourself.
This person may think they're helping you...but they aren't.

If your work area is not safe, go find your safety committee's concerns log and write the mechanical defaults in your area. If there aren't any - then it's unsafe because of you. Egress as a safety concern is your responsibility. Lifting and Lowering, Slips and Falls, Pushing and Pulling, that is all on you. Management trains, Union uses. I've been around three years. If I wanted to, I could walk around my building and discipline people left and right for not following the eight keys to L&L. I don't, because that's stupid and counterproductive. I've tried talking to people and it doesn't work 99% of the time. UPSers are stubborn ass holes most of the time - both management and union. Don't be just another :censored2: :censored2:ting on the problem.

Worry about yourself and taking care of your problems. I don't believe you have to sign the misload sheets, but filing on a supervisor for loading your irreg's seems crappy. Ask them first why they are doing it - there are a few supervisors out there who are doing it as preventative safety maintenance. I know I used to when I was in operations. When my guys had egress problems from irregs, I would clear/organize the slides for them. I had other :censored2: to be doing, but I wanted them to know I was working hard WITH and FOR them. If it was a slow day, low volume, we were easily going to accomplish downtime, or if I saw someone was struggling and having an off day, then I'd always jump in the trailer and unload with them for a few minutes. Talk to them, see if I could figure out what was going on, maybe move a double up over there with them if I found out something pertinent to their physical condition (maybe they are sore because their other job is pouring concrete, or they are an athlete and had a competition the night before...etc).

Work with your supervisor. If they are incapable of working WITH you, then you should resort to filing. But don't make yourself out to be a problem as a means of being possessive of your 'work'. The supervisor working grievances really should be reserved for operations/sorts that are habitual offenders of having the plan that supervisors will work certain areas regardless of attendance/staffing issues.

Also, don't be selfish as a worker. Help your coworkers, not only in your area, but all around the building. Yes, supervisors ARE your coworkers too.

Since the sup is at least partially loading your PC, who is to say she isn't the one who put the misloads in there? You can't. Could she be setting you up? Possibly. Nothing would suprise me about this outfit. That's why you and only you should touch the content going into your PC. Well, that, and they shouldn't be touching volume, unless for demonstration purposes. File.

And ignore this fool. The chances that anyone in management is sabotaging production results as a means to issue discipline - discipline that isn't even concrete - is retarded.

Like most here have said, production is king. Management takes it in the ass from their boss on a regular basis because they don't achieve production targets. They won't sabotage themselves in an intentionally deceitful manner (in 99% of cases, at least).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_1998.GIF
This person may think they're helping you...but they aren't.

If your work area is not safe, go find your safety committee's concerns log and write the mechanical defaults in your area. If there aren't any - then it's unsafe because of you. Egress as a safety concern is your responsibility. Lifting and Lowering, Slips and Falls, Pushing and Pulling, that is all on you. Management trains, Union uses. I've been around three years. If I wanted to, I could walk around my building and discipline people left and right for not following the eight keys to L&L. I don't, because that's stupid and counterproductive. I've tried talking to people and it doesn't work 99% of the time. UPSers are stubborn ass holes most of the time - both management and union. Don't be just another :censored2: :censored2:ting on the problem.

Worry about yourself and taking care of your problems. I don't believe you have to sign the misload sheets, but filing on a supervisor for loading your irreg's seems crappy. Ask them first why they are doing it - there are a few supervisors out there who are doing it as preventative safety maintenance. I know I used to when I was in operations. When my guys had egress problems from irregs, I would clear/organize the slides for them. I had other :censored2: to be doing, but I wanted them to know I was working hard WITH and FOR them. If it was a slow day, low volume, we were easily going to accomplish downtime, or if I saw someone was struggling and having an off day, then I'd always jump in the trailer and unload with them for a few minutes. Talk to them, see if I could figure out what was going on, maybe move a double up over there with them if I found out something pertinent to their physical condition (maybe they are sore because their other job is pouring concrete, or they are an athlete and had a competition the night before...etc).

Work with your supervisor. If they are incapable of working WITH you, then you should resort to filing. But don't make yourself out to be a problem as a means of being possessive of your 'work'. The supervisor working grievances really should be reserved for operations/sorts that are habitual offenders of having the plan that supervisors will work certain areas regardless of attendance/staffing issues.

Also, don't be selfish as a worker. Help your coworkers, not only in your area, but all around the building. Yes, supervisors ARE your coworkers too.

Daf

I work in preload and have recently been filling in for another person on another pen because they're on vacation. The current part-time sup has been doing things such as stacking me in my truck, moving my irregs, and going as far as taking irregs off the belt and putting them into the truck. I have never had this problem in the five months i've been here.

Also, on this pen like all sups, she pushes for speed. The drop is extremely heavy with 4 trucks, and I had 3 misloads with a 338 PPH. Today when I returned she wrote me up and told me to sign a paper acknowledging the 3 misloads. I have not had to do this since I joined the union. Do I actually have to sign the papers? Especially if the misloads were in a truck that the driver came, checked, and started loading himself?

She's also been pushing for me to stack all the bulk in the truck and i'm absolutely not capable of leaving anything out. Is this just? On the pen I usually work we are able to leave out whatever we want (bulk, irregs, huge packages) until the end, and we have been the #1 pen in service for the past 3 months.

How do I handle this situation? I've never had any problems at this hub until the 16th.
Any discipline has to be done with a steward present unless you sign a waiver that has to be presented to the union. You can file on having any punishment removed, safety violation on egress, and all hours worked by supervisor.

km3

The chances that anyone in management is sabotaging production results as a means to issue discipline - discipline that isn't even concrete - is retarded.

Well, we are talking about UPS supervisors here. Wouldn't put it past some of them. Not all, but some.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
you should file grivences on all of it. file a grievance on the write up and file a grievance on the supervisor working. part of the 8 keys is you actually have some form of a pathway. I'm surprised the driver hasn't said anything or done anything about this person. which isn't the drivers fault but they usually let the supervisors know.

UPS Preloader

I work in preload and have recently been filling in for another person on another pen because they're on vacation. The current part-time sup has been doing things such as stacking me in my truck, moving my irregs, and going as far as taking irregs off the belt and putting them into the truck. I have never had this problem in the five months i've been here.

Also, on this pen like all sups, she pushes for speed. The drop is extremely heavy with 4 trucks, and I had 3 misloads with a 338 PPH. Today when I returned she wrote me up and told me to sign a paper acknowledging the 3 misloads. I have not had to do this since I joined the union. Do I actually have to sign the papers? Especially if the misloads were in a truck that the driver came, checked, and started loading himself?

She's also been pushing for me to stack all the bulk in the truck and i'm absolutely not capable of leaving anything out. Is this just? On the pen I usually work we are able to leave out whatever we want (bulk, irregs, huge packages) until the end, and we have been the #1 pen in service for the past 3 months.

How do I handle this situation? I've never had any problems at this hub until the 16th.

Do not sign the form. Don't even put RTS on the form as it acknowledges you read and/or received the form. Find out what the penalty for supervisors working is in your supplement and demand to be made whole. If they won't, file the grievance.