Sup touching my packages?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
View attachment 114603
Maybe if they weren't jamming boxes into a guys truck they would have more time to notice if there was a safety concern in their area.
Also I belive the safety committee is supposed to go around the building inspecting for safety concerns, not waiting for people to come to them and report problems, again if they were doing what they ate supposed to instead of handing out tootsie rolls and water it wouldn't be up to the loader to do their job for them

My old safety committee learned well from management.

Standard response was, "Well, we'll look into it."

dudebro

first of all it is all null and void because the supervisor shouldn't be handling packages period. second they can't stack your packages out without giving you room to get in and out of tge car. by your logic the loader should be crawling over eregs and packages all day loading.

Point one isn't technically true. Supervisors can train. So absent filing a grievance, the employee can stop working whenever the supervisor helps them load. When the sup inevitably asks the employee what he or she is doing, the response is "I appreciate your training, and if you're done now, I'll continue working, but if not, I'll just watch you and learn".

Point 2 is correct, there must be egress, but you only have that point if you can't get out the front door of the package car (some preloads yes, some no).

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I work in preload and have recently been filling in for another person on another pen because they're on vacation. The current part-time sup has been doing things such as stacking me in my truck, moving my irregs, and going as far as taking irregs off the belt and putting them into the truck. I have never had this problem in the five months i've been here.

Also, on this pen like all sups, she pushes for speed. The drop is extremely heavy with 4 trucks, and I had 3 misloads with a 338 PPH. Today when I returned she wrote me up and told me to sign a paper acknowledging the 3 misloads. I have not had to do this since I joined the union. Do I actually have to sign the papers? Especially if the misloads were in a truck that the driver came, checked, and started loading himself?

She's also been pushing for me to stack all the bulk in the truck and i'm absolutely not capable of leaving anything out. Is this just? On the pen I usually work we are able to leave out whatever we want (bulk, irregs, huge packages) until the end, and we have been the #1 pen in service for the past 3 months.

How do I handle this situation? I've never had any problems at this hub until the 16th.
Keep track of all the time a sup touches packages and file every time. They had their chance to be an hourly and are now the company's middle management be ach you will win this grieve. Make sure you tell them that you do not want their help

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Keep track of all the time a sup touches packages and file every time. They had their chance to be an hourly and are now the company's middle management be ach you will win this grieve. Make sure you tell them that you do not want their help
Also never sign anything

Gear

Parts on Order
Reading threads like this makes me appreciate working unsupervised and seeing my boss every once in awhile.

wayfair

swollen member
An operations PT supervisor has a LOT of responsibilities and cannot feasibly or realistically notice every safety concern - partly because they aren't using all the equipment every minute of every day.

have an accident/injury on your shift....

you WILL feasibly AND realistically notice every safety concern.... that and about 10 more pages of paperwork to fill out..

S&V rides for example

dudebro

Also never sign anything
Everyone says this. I think it's reflexive, and doesn't really matter.

As a supervisor I wrote "Refused to Sign" on plenty of documentation. It never bothered me, as in, I never tried to insist. I offered the paper, employee says "I'm not signing that", and I'd just write that they refused in front of them and that was the end of that. I still always submitted it in any arbitration case.

I've only attended a few hearings though. It's not like I was ever in the labor department. Can anyone cite a specific case where the documentation was produced, and an arbitrator or judge said, "That's not to be considered, there's no signature"?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Everyone says this. I think it's reflexive, and doesn't really matter.

As a supervisor I wrote "Refused to Sign" on plenty of documentation. It never bothered me, as in, I never tried to insist. I offered the paper, employee says "I'm not signing that", and I'd just write that they refused in front of them and that was the end of that. I still always submitted it in any arbitration case.

I've only attended a few hearings though. It's not like I was ever in the labor department. Can anyone cite a specific case where the documentation was produced, and an arbitrator or judge said, "That's not to be considered, there's no signature"?

It is actually quite the opposite. The company produces the paperwork and the arbitrators begin to see a trend and form an opinion of the employee based upon that trend.

So, yeah, sign it/don't sign it-----you will still be expected to comply with whatever directive is on that piece of paper.

LeadBelly

Banned
I work in preload and have recently been filling in for another person on another pen because they're on vacation. The current part-time sup has been doing things such as stacking me in my truck, moving my irregs, and going as far as taking irregs off the belt and putting them into the truck. I have never had this problem in the five months i've been here.

Also, on this pen like all sups, she pushes for speed. The drop is extremely heavy with 4 trucks, and I had 3 misloads with a 338 PPH. Today when I returned she wrote me up and told me to sign a paper acknowledging the 3 misloads. I have not had to do this since I joined the union. Do I actually have to sign the papers? Especially if the misloads were in a truck that the driver came, checked, and started loading himself?

She's also been pushing for me to stack all the bulk in the truck and i'm absolutely not capable of leaving anything out. Is this just? On the pen I usually work we are able to leave out whatever we want (bulk, irregs, huge packages) until the end, and we have been the #1 pen in service for the past 3 months.

How do I handle this situation? I've never had any problems at this hub until the 16th.
@Indecisi0n