Sup working Grievances

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by H.E. Pennypacker, Jun 11, 2019.

1. H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker Mmm, Mombasa!

My building is so understaffed its not funny. Sups having to work an area half the day. I have never been a guy to report em because it's not their fault. My question is, if they wanted something to change, (the union) why don't they let us file a grievance on the full time sups or the building manager for running an understaffed work force? i mean the part time sup pretty much is a :censored2: heap. No union, he does what he's told or hes fired. Its not like he has the hiring ability.

2. Dough99

Dough99 Member

why don't they let us file a grievance on the full time sups or the building manager for running an understaffed work force?

That is that you would file on!!‍♂️

3. H.E. Pennypacker

I thought you file on the part time sup for working?

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

The company can run their business any way they want . What they can't do is our work. So if they are so understaffed that they are working you have to file on the working . That will in turn fix their understaffing issue .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Do you think they get in trouble for having a grievance filed on them?

6. H.E. Pennypacker

That's what I thought. I was under the assumption they get penalized in some sort of way.

7. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

The company is responsible for the staffing, so if they're running the preload short staffed, whether by choice or not, it's your opportunity to make free money. If they don't have enough preloaders, then they should be calling in FT drivers by seniority order for extra work. In our center we have 8-12 drivers who will come in at 5 AM and load on the really heavy days when the preload has too many people calling off.

8. H.E. Pennypacker

I had no idea that was even an option. Theres been days where on one belt 3 people will be missing, they just make us pick up the slack. I have never seen a fulltime driver loading. EVER.

9. Methods Man

Methods Man Member

I’m a full time driver and load just about every day lol

10. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

I've turned my phone off so they stop calling me. 5 am to 7pm sounds like too much fun. They've finally gotten the message.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

No.
    It's part of doing business as far as UPS is concerned.
    They aren't your friend you realize that don't you?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Apparently not

13. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Ridiculous, simply ridiculous

14. Perhaps

15. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

They have to spend time with indecision in a small room?

16. H.E. Pennypacker

I couldn't care less about UPS or management that's full time. Butmost part time sups around here were friends of mine that were duped into thinking being a part time sup was a step up, and hate their job just as much as I do. If it means penalizing them I wont, if the ones who get hurt are the full time sup and the manager then i'd do it in a heart beat. But i'm not going to beat down on a guy that could have very easily been me for a few extra bucks.

17. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Yep. Last time we had a serious understaffing issue five drivers started coming in early and positioning themselves around the entire building strategically just to get grievance money. After a week they finally started fixing the staffing issue.

You want this company to fix a staffing issue? Start grieving the company for stealing our work. And yeah drivers will be called to come in early to work. I came in early today why not? More overtime.

18. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

How long you been at UPS

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Quickest way to lose all your UPS friends? Go join the enemy team.

20. Methods Man

Methods Man Member

I like money way too much