Supervisor question

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
you get to manage mechanics while making money?

it’s weird to talk about a job without offering an alternative, otherwise job always beats no job

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Lol going from mechanic to automotive sup. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
If it’s anything like going from a driver to a driver sup, expect more hours for less pay, less benefits, loss of pension, living in fear of being fired, even more unreasonable numbers to meet, and all your co-workers will hate you. Good luck.

trickpony1

i’ve never seen anyone stressed out in auto, so it’s probably like this:

You forgot to mention:
Automotive supes are sometimes sent to little, podunk extended centers in the farthest corner of your state to cover for the hourly mechanic who is on vacation.

I've seen it.

MuricaMan01

i’ve never seen anyone stressed out in auto, so it’s probably like this:

mechanic: more money (OT), harder work

sup: less money (than OT), easy job
What overtime? Lol we can't even order parts.
You forgot to mention:
Automotive supes are sometimes sent to little, podunk extended centers in the farthest corner of your state to cover for the hourly mechanic who is on vacation.

I've seen it.
They hire oss in those cases

Indecisi0n

The only thing I know about mechanics at UPS is they say everything is okay to run
62fbe5c39fa91c33a12a896ede9530d8.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Stress. Maybe IE could do a study on how many in management while employed or when they retired or left company voluntarily within 5 years of leaving employment had heart related illness.
I just walked into work and watched two feeder drivers waddle to the feeder shack. Maybe it should be an all inclusive study