Supervisor - Sorting Packages - Should I file?

This new supervisor is sorting packages and is sending me home early. She is not a member of the union. She is a part time supervisor.

Should she be even touching any packages? She sends me home at exactly 3 hours and is still lifting and putting oversize irregulars into the trailers - a job i think i should be doing.

Should I file a grievance? How will this play out? Yes- I am a UNION MEMBER. What will happen to the supervisor? Will I receive back pay for the hours I lost for her sorting packages and reducing hours by her sorting and handling of oversize irregulars ?

km3

Do you work in an air hub or something? You should have a 3½ hour guarantee. If you do, file on that as well. And if you didn't get a break, file for the 10 minutes.

But yes, always grieve it when supervisors are working while you're being sent home. Or if someone else is being sent home.

But yes, always grieve it when supervisors are working while you're being sent home. Or if someone else is being sent home.
PXVfG7u.png

Buru

FILE!!! Get with a Steward and get grievance form. see if they will help u fill it out.. If not do best u can and put all the time u are requesting on statement sheet(not front page).. supervisor X sent me home at such and such time and continued to perform my job duties for X amount of hours. I am requesting double my hourly rate for all time supervisor X worked.. art. 3-7 That one is my specialty... Get that money, and ask your steward for a handbook and study your rights brother

km3

File away if you really need the extra 20 bucks

An extra $20 per check is pretty nice for a PTer.

The bigger issue is when supervisors send people home or to a different area and then turn around and start performing their work. Out of all the reasons why a supervisor may start working, this is by far the least defensible. And it's exactly what I'm seeing in my building right now.

Funny...when you ask a supervisor why he or she is working, "because we're understaffed."
"But you sent people home 90 minutes ago because we were 'overstaffed.' Well, which is it? Make up your mind, please?" It makes me sick.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
IMG_0950.JPG

The bigger issue is when supervisors send people home or to a different area and then turn around and start performing their work. Out of all the reasons why a supervisor may start working, this is by far the least defensible. And it's exactly what I'm seeing in my building right now.

Funny...when you ask a supervisor why he or she is working, "because we're understaffed."
"But you sent people home 90 minutes ago because we were 'overstaffed.' Well, which is it? Make up your mind, please?" It makes me sick.

Duckwithapipboy

We've been having that all week too. The layoff/offered RO list was about as long as my ... extender ... and they keep making cuts plus reducing the hourly goal for our belt. I keep having to load two trailers (extender and manual skate) and clear the underslide simultaneously while maintaining a 450 PPH at the end of the night. Whereas the rest of the facility is hovering at 230. And it isn't like we need an army anymore.

We just need one more guy and we wouldn't have to bust our ass for $11/hour that bad.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

file or stop working while they r

Daf

This is their whole goal! The more the supervisors work, the better their production number, which some manager is getting a bonus for. This also reports a "false" production number to corporate, which is dishonest of your managers, and creates unreal expectations company wide. FILE!!

CanOSup

One of them
This new supervisor is sorting packages and is sending me home early. She is not a member of the union. She is a part time supervisor.

Should she be even touching any packages? She sends me home at exactly 3 hours and is still lifting and putting oversize irregulars into the trailers - a job i think i should be doing.

Should I file a grievance? How will this play out? Yes- I am a UNION MEMBER. What will happen to the supervisor? Will I receive back pay for the hours I lost for her sorting packages and reducing hours by her sorting and handling of oversize irregulars ?
Maybe she thinks you are not strong enough to lift said Irregular packages. Is she built like a brick %@# house?

Buru

File away if you really need the extra 20 bucks
I make thousands of dollars extra a year for all the time those supervisors steal by working.. just takes a sharp eye, and some time filling out those grievance forms (got to put in some extra work if u want that money) and WITNESSES, that's important.. I attend the hearings on my grievances, and know how to word them to wear I get about 80-90 percent of what I request.. managers can't fight my art 3s.. like I said, that's my specialty.. I attend all my hourlys hearings on their behalf for their art 3s.. just so no one thinks I'm the kind of steward who is looking to benefit his own profit.. me and all my boys are highly paid hourlys, and management hates it.. us hourlys should be compensated like supervisors for the physical and mental BS we suffer over long term careers.

i Misload Next Day Airs

Hurry and File You Got 15 days to send it in....... Cant believe that was even a question....

"Supervisor is sorting packages and running missorts. Should I file?"

You want the Truth?

Well...............

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.