Supervisors doctoring hours on pre-load

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The amount of time card editing that gets overlooked on the preload is staggering

ops love to take the quick and easy way out rather than just planning better

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The amount of time card editing that gets overlooked on the preload is staggering

ops love to take the quick and easy way out rather than just planning better

Time card edits, are the quickest way for a supe to be shown the door.

(if they are shorting employees on hours)

More often than not, a quick call to security will determine if there is a problem.

No grievance necessary. :biggrin:

-Bug-

dudebro

Correct. Every edit is logged. If someone changed a timecard, there's a record with his or her login ID on it.

I hated coward supervisors who couldn't take a butt chewing and cheated. I hate the idea of wage theft even more.

Indecisi0n

Everyday when I punch out I put to the minute my time and classification in my Google calendar for the day on my phone. Easy to keep track and compare to time card viewer. No paper.
They also have phone apps that can keep track of punch in/out and breaks. It will even calculate your pay if you want it to.

Daf

I started preload as seasonal help in November. I was advised then that I should keep a watch on my hours as they get changed a good bit on the pre-load schedule. Any time they were off I notified my sup and it was fixed.

Once I started permanent, i seemed to be in the same boat. Apparently our pre-load shift uses a different clock in system than the rest of the company (because of 'rolling' in-times). Regardless of when we clock in our SUPs change our in times.

After hearing a SUP advise another SUP that no one goes over 5 hours on a particular day (3/6) I checked my hours and saw that my 5.3 hours got rolled back to 5. I spoke to a few others on my line and they were in the same situation.

I was tired of telling my SUP to fix my time and notified the union. We had a talk but nothing was fixed. I still haven't been paid for my hours and I feel that SUPs try muscling up on me now.

Should I speak to the union again? Call the labor dept? Any advice is appreciated
You insist on filing a grievance. If that doesn't fix the problem go to department of labor. Whether it is 1 minute or 20 doesn't matter. This is illegal!! What else are they gonna do if they get by with this. Hold them accountable.

km3

If you know that this may be a possibility you print a copy of the time card shortly after you punch out and a second copy if changes have been made.

I live far enough away that printing it out before hand may not be realistic. I'd take a screenshot.

UPSers should show your time within minutes of clocking out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The union should have everyone with legitimate time shaving issues file a report with their state's Attorney Generals office.

Watch how fast problems cease.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The union should have everyone with legitimate time shaving issues file a report with their state's Attorney Generals office.

Watch how fast problems cease.

The company is already trying to recruit new supes in the parking lot.

Next stop.... poaching them from Walmart. :happy: