Supervisors doctoring hours on pre-load

jbg77

I started preload as seasonal help in November. I was advised then that I should keep a watch on my hours as they get changed a good bit on the pre-load schedule. Any time they were off I notified my sup and it was fixed.

Once I started permanent, i seemed to be in the same boat. Apparently our pre-load shift uses a different clock in system than the rest of the company (because of 'rolling' in-times). Regardless of when we clock in our SUPs change our in times.

After hearing a SUP advise another SUP that no one goes over 5 hours on a particular day (3/6) I checked my hours and saw that my 5.3 hours got rolled back to 5. I spoke to a few others on my line and they were in the same situation.

I was tired of telling my SUP to fix my time and notified the union. We had a talk but nothing was fixed. I still haven't been paid for my hours and I feel that SUPs try muscling up on me now.

Should I speak to the union again? Call the labor dept? Any advice is appreciated

Do you have a staggered start? If so clock in at that time. They love people to work early.

Ximun8

Do you have a staggered start? If so clock in at that time. They love people to work early.
Yes, we have a staggered start--which is the SUPs excuse for changing hours. I clock in when I'm told to be there and then my 'in time' has been changed to coincide with 5 hours.

km3

Yes, we have a staggered start--which is the SUPs excuse for changing hours. I clock in when I'm told to be there and then my 'in time' has been changed to coincide with 5 hours.

Don't start working until your posted start time, and make yourself scarce before then so they can't ask you to work early.

J

jibbs

I have a shortcut to that on my phone. 2 clicks away from my desktop, literally.

The thing is though... It will show whatever is in the system currently. If his sup fudges the numbers before he gets home, he'll see the modified times.

Is that a recent change?

Whenever they've had to go in and make changes to my timecard, it never showed up on the digital time card accessible to me. It did, however, always show up in my check the following week.

They explained to me that supervisors' time card changes are on a different (or separate, or something) system than what we can see in real-time on UPSers. That's why it's always best, in my experience, to compare the time card to the corresponding paycheck in addition to keeping an eye on it throughout the week. That way you can avoid going into a battle thinking you're in the right when you simply didn't doublecheck the final numbers before bringing it to management's attention, if that makes any sense.

Apologies if this was already posted, I only made it to part of the second page before I hit reply.

You know, I might give the supervisor the benefit of the doubt if it weren't for the striking coincidence that he's altering it to ensure that you never, ever get a minutes'-worth of OT.

Maybe if he would do like 5.06 hrs, 5.12 hrs, stuff like that he'd actually get away with it... his trail is so damn obvious that I think it's a shame you haven't already handled this with grievances, though (and not just you, but your entire sort.)

Last edited by a moderator: