Supervisors want to Bully me for filing a grievance

SquirrelBoggie

I filed a grievance on our PT supervisor for doing bargaining unit work a while ago and just yesterday as I was setting up the area our FT supervisor came to talk to me about the grievance. He kept saying things like, "you sure you want to go through with this?", "i mean lately you work haven't been the greatest, we'll just have to bring up your history at the hearing" and blah, blah, a bunch of intimidation tactics to get me to not file a grievance. My question is can I also file a harassment grievance on the FT sup for use of bully tactics?

Dr.Brownz

I filed a grievance on our PT supervisor for doing bargaining unit work a while ago and just yesterday as I was setting up the area our FT supervisor came to talk to me about the grievance. He kept saying things like, "you sure you want to go through with this?", "i mean lately you work haven't been the greatest, we'll just have to bring up your history at the hearing" and blah, blah, a bunch of intimidation tactics to get me to not file a grievance. My question is can I also file a harassment grievance on the FT sup for use of bully tactics?
Yes file on the harrassment

10 point

Call your area NLRB office and file labor charges for "Direct Dealing".

The Labor Board will understand what that is and I guarantee that the company will get off your back.

10 point

Once you file a grievance the management is not allowed to talk to you about it without your steward or BA present.

It's against labor law.

File unfair labor charges as I said above. The company knows better than that and they deserve the results they get.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I would seriously double down on ALL grievances, i;d file so many they'd need to cut down part of a forest for more paper!

I take it you are a part time employee so as long as you come to work every day,on time and dont steal you have a job for life.
they will try and intimidate you but it's all BS, dont let them rattle you

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Not only should you file a harassment grievance, you need to call Corporate to file a complaint against this sup.

I do believe that intimidation is clearly spelled out in the Code of Business Conduct.

If you call Atlanta, you will never have to worry about this sup again.

10 point

Not only should you file a harassment grievance, you need to call Corporate to file a complaint against this sup.

I do believe that intimidation is clearly spelled out in the Code of Business Conduct.

If you call Atlanta, you will never have to worry about this sup again.
That's not our experience with the 800 Hotline for ethics.

We had a supe that harrsssed and threatened (physically and verbally) employees for YEARS.

The corp number was called many times and they'd move him around for a short time but he always came back to our building eventually.

The local union did nothing legally to help us.
He retired last year.
What a joke.

In our experience we say Screw the hotline.
File charges.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

We had a supe that harrsssed and threatened (physically and verbally) employees for YEARS.

The corp number was called many times and they'd move him around for a short time but he always came back to our building eventually.

He retired last year.
What a joke.

File charges.
That "ethics hotline" is nothing more than an avenue for the company to get ahead of any perceived liabilty.
In my experience, unless it's something especially heinous, the "investigation" is usually kicked back to the division level HR/LP Dept for prompt coverup.

SquirrelBoggie

So last night during our shift, the FT sup pulled me aside to ask me about, or my like inquire about my harassment file. I told him "Everything is in the grievance, and we'll discuss this at the hearing", he go goes on about how he wasn't trying to bully me or coerce me to not file, and that he's concerned with my attitude lately. I told him, "when you get fired for no reason at all, it changes the way you feel about the company", he had nothing to say and left our area

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
That "ethics hotline" is nothing more than an avenue for the company to get ahead of any perceived liabilty.
In my experience, unless it's something especially heinous, the "investigation" is usually kicked back to the division level HR/LP Dept for prompt coverup.

I've actually heard a labor manager state that the Ethical Complaint hotline is simply piped back through local HR, so everything you posted was on the money.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

He retired last year.
What a joke.

File charges.
just be professional about it. "It's not personal Sonny. just business."