Supervisors want to Bully me for filing a grievance

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So last night during our shift, the FT sup pulled me aside to ask me about, or my like inquire about my harassment file. I told him "Everything is in the grievance, and we'll discuss this at the hearing", he go goes on about how he wasn't trying to bully me or coerce me to not file, and that he's concerned with my attitude lately. I told him, "when you get fired for no reason at all, it changes the way you feel about the company", he had nothing to say and left our area
it seems like everyone goes thru this eventually with this company. I asked an old timer about it when I first started here. he said " don't worry about it. it's just your turn. "

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's not our experience with the 800 Hotline for ethics.

We had a supe that harrsssed and threatened (physically and verbally) employees for YEARS.

The corp number was called many times and they'd move him around for a short time but he always came back to our building eventually.

The local union did nothing legally to help us.
He retired last year.
What a joke.

In our experience we say Screw the hotline.
File charges.

I did not suggest to call the hotline. I said to call corporate.

Even just calling the main number and getting the switchboard, mentioning intimidation, not harassment, will get the wheels turning.

The sup will not be fired, but will be transferred.

And even if he returns years later, the threat of a retaliation complaint should keep him at bay.

Corporate could care less about a harassment complaint. But an intimidation or retaliation complaint they take very seriously.

This opens them up to a very costly, and public, lawsuit.

10 point

I did not suggest to call the hotline. I said to call corporate.

Even just calling the main number and getting the switchboard, mentioning intimidation, not harassment, will get the wheels turning.

The sup will not be fired, but will be transferred.

And even if he returns years later, the threat of a retaliation complaint should keep him at bay.

Corporate could care less about a harassment complaint. But an intimidation or retaliation complaint they take very seriously.

This opens them up to a very costly, and public, lawsuit.
Thx for the info. The only corp number we have for reporting is the ethics one.

I filed a grievance on our PT supervisor for doing bargaining unit work a while ago and just yesterday as I was setting up the area our FT supervisor came to talk to me about the grievance. He kept saying things like, "you sure you want to go through with this?", "i mean lately you work haven't been the greatest, we'll just have to bring up your history at the hearing" and blah, blah, a bunch of intimidation tactics to get me to not file a grievance. My question is can I also file a harassment grievance on the FT sup for use of bully tactics?
Sure. You could also file a nlrb charge as well. They like those.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I filed a grievance on our PT supervisor for doing bargaining unit work a while ago and just yesterday as I was setting up the area our FT supervisor came to talk to me about the grievance. He kept saying things like, "you sure you want to go through with this?", "i mean lately you work haven't been the greatest, we'll just have to bring up your history at the hearing" and blah, blah, a bunch of intimidation tactics to get me to not file a grievance. My question is can I also file a harassment grievance on the FT sup for use of bully tactics?
Every now and then a supervisor needs a good cussing,I've done twice,both were FT Ops sups. Get a steward as a witness and DO NO THREATEN but make your point with frequent,and well placed "friend Bombs" for effect,and tell them to leave you alone or a harassment case will be filed with the EEOC. That alone gets your point across and lets them know you will not be bullied.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
File on him for sexual harassment. That should get him good. Then claim religious discrimination to. Then get hurt and go on workers comp.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Whenever they call you into office or what have ya, just whip out your phone and record the conversation just in case you ever have to go the legal route. Its against the law and not permissible in a court of law if you don't notify them first, but if you let them know before hand then its GAME ON lol.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Every now and then a supervisor needs a good cussing,I've done twice,both were FT Ops sups. Get a steward as a witness and DO NO THREATEN but make your point with frequent,and well placed "friend Bombs" for effect,and tell them to leave you alone or a harassment case will be filed with the EEOC. That alone gets your point across and lets them know you will not be bullied.
File on him for sexual harassment. That should get him good. Then claim religious discrimination to. Then get hurt and go on workers comp.

You two are pieces of work

TurboSnail

Just a response on the "800" number... It's like calling into Hell to report Satan! They are on the same team, remember? I've called the hotline and although it did limit contact with the Center Manager who's name I gave, it just enlarged the [emoji457] on my back for the henchmen... Use it as a last resort when you have exhausted all options to resolve your issue.

Whenever they call you into office or what have ya, just whip out your phone and record the conversation just in case you ever have to go the legal route. Its against the law and not permissible in a court of law if you don't notify them first, but if you let them know before hand then its GAME ON lol.
I did that one time when I called off. My sup was screaming at me . I said hold on let me hit the record button. The conversation ended quickly.