Supervisors working

WTFm8

Imo it's not about Supervisors actually working...cause it kinda makes you feel okay to see a Supervisor in the trenches with you. The issue is sending folks home 20 mins after the start or running shoe string sort operation to make #s look good. Like a person mentioned, cutting contribution to hourly related insurances,pensions,etc. Is real.

If only preload was informed by union/members they’re guaranteed 3.5hrs pay...

If sent home prior to 3.5 they still qualify for the guaranteed 3hr minimum and should be filing Art 22 for their 3hrs.

The problem is nobody reads the contract/supplements to know these things.

CAAAB72A-A393-47FF-8265-595792EBC043.png
4C644E9C-49CB-4F85-B62A-6C831EDA1151.png

Cansado

Except the Supervisor doing the job of a Union employee gets paid much higher for doing the exact job....
Hmm...yeah, except my guys bitch and cry when I have to hold them over for an extended "wrap up", when they pass 5 hrs and are getting over time and making more than me. Hey I can't complain because I was warned.

Heffalump

Allowing supervisors to work will exacerbate staffing issues. They will become ghost employees in your work area and you'll pay the price as they are not consistently working. The union is a united workforce. You are hurting yourself by allowing supervisors to do your work in lieu of a union worker. Pension in the red? You need more contributors, not less. It's comical how people allow themselves to be taken advantage of while leaving money on the table - for a fist bump from a supervisor who doesn't give a damn about your naive ass (98% of Teamsters).
I fist bump all the time! With the same hand i write grievances with! Sometimes even seconds after I sign it. No matter the sob story they give you...FILE! You will see different management faces throughout the years! Your brothers faces, well yea..every morning the same ugly bastards!

lolbr

Most of those part time supervisors that work are only doing what they are instructed to do by the full time supervisors. The part time supervisors usually don't care whether you file or not.

nancyg

What is it about supervisors working that really gets you guys worked up.

Is it because the contract says we can’t, or do you guys think by us working we are legitimately taking work away from you guys.

I’ve always been curious
I grieve everything I can. I consider it my second job. Participating in the process makes our union stronger.

It's absolutely a negotiated contract clause. Thing is we are so short at our hub that it's welcomed because if not you'll be there until midnight every night. It's a tough call

Superteeth2478

It's absolutely a negotiated contract clause. Thing is we are so short at our hub that it's welcomed because if not you'll be there until midnight every night. It's a tough call
And guess what, if your supervisors keep doing the work they'll never have an incentive to hire more people to get you guys out on time every night, and it's weakening your union at the same time. Sometimes working on fixing a problem results in short-term hardship, but if the long-term goal is important then it has to be done.

WTFm8

File on it. If there’s a staffing issue they’ll have to adjust wages to attract more workers.

If just 1 more worker takes a day off, or quits, the night gets even worse.

RealPerson

One more Union person working is paying into retirement....
Also with a supervisor working, they can NOT manage the area, crap gets out of hand...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Most of those part time supervisors that work are only doing what they are instructed to do by the full time supervisors. The part time supervisors usually don't care whether you file or not.
If you chat them up, they will in many instances, give you all you need to win your grievance.

It's priceless when the Labor Manager asks you how you knew the supervisor was working....and you say....because he told me he was.

BiggieBrown

I used to get along with the drivers until they wouldn't stop grieving my part-time sup for getting in the trenches with me when we are short-handed.
We can't keep our shift fully staffed to save our lives. Guys quitting or getting injured left and right.
Every night I'm in the trailer by my god damned self and my dude comes and tries to help and lo and behold, some dick head driver looking to make an easy buck sees it and files a """""grievance.""""
Note that the driver won't step a single foot in that trailer with you to actually help or even acknowledge you as a human being. He just wants to take away your help so he can get paid and you're stuck breaking your back and struggling. That's the """"brotherhood.""""

If it isn't your shift and you aren't willing to help, then it isn't your business.
If you don't want to help then just go the :censored2: home. No one needs you standing around watching us. And when they aren't doing that they're whining about how their trucks didn't get washed when it was 15 degrees outside the night before. My biggest enemy at UPS are the drivers, easily. Entitled, spoiled babies. When I graduate university and leave this :censored2: hole company I hope the whole thing goes under and all you :censored2:s have to get a real job.

And :censored2: your gosh darn pension too.

I used to get along with the drivers until they wouldn't stop grieving my part-time sup for getting in the trenches with me when we are short-handed.
We can't keep our shift fully staffed to save our lives. Guys quitting or getting injured left and right.
Every night I'm in the trailer by my god damned self and my dude comes and tries to help and lo and behold, some dick head driver looking to make an easy buck sees it and files a """""grievance.""""
Note that the driver won't step a single foot in that trailer with you to actually help or even acknowledge you as a human being. He just wants to take away your help so he can get paid and you're stuck breaking your back and struggling. That's the """"brotherhood.""""

If it isn't your shift and you aren't willing to help, then it isn't your business.
If you don't want to help then just go the :censored2: home. No one needs you standing around watching us. And when they aren't doing that they're whining about how their trucks didn't get washed when it was 15 degrees outside the night before. My biggest enemy at UPS are the drivers, easily. Entitled, spoiled babies. When I graduate university and leave this :censored2: hole company I hope the whole thing goes under and all you :censored2:s have to get a real job.

Drivers are just pansies.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Are you paid by the hour, or by the trailer?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

You got this all wrong, bud.
(Part timer. I'm not some driver talking down to you.)

The reason they don't hire more people is because they can get away with using supervisors.

Gotta just keep telling yourself every day. "I'm an hourly worker".
Slow down, and work safe. That trailer can take all day. Doesn't matter. Working safe, and getting paid does.

Drivers are a whiny bunch overall. I get it.
But don't forget you might end up there someday. College doesn't work out so great, or anything like that, you've got a 100K a year job waiting for you.

I hope UPS continues to have record profits every year.
We call that job security.

Do what you can, and suffer what you must.
If you can keep a decent attitude, this isn't a bad place to work. :)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You got this all wrong, bud.
(Part timer. I'm not some driver talking down to you.)

The reason they don't hire more people is because they can get away with using supervisors.

Gotta just keep telling yourself every day. "I'm an hourly worker".
Slow down, and work safe. That trailer can take all day. Doesn't matter. Working safe, and getting paid does.

Drivers are a whiny bunch overall. I get it.
But don't forget you might end up there someday. College doesn't work out so great, or anything like that, you've got a 100K a year job waiting for you.

I hope UPS continues to have record profits every year.
We call that job security.

Do what you can, and suffer what you must.
If you can keep a decent attitude, this isn't a bad place to work. :)
Don't waste your time, @BiggieBrown is likely only in the United States on a student visa.
When I graduate university and leave this :censored2: hole company I hope the whole thing goes under and all you :censored2:s have to get a real job.
After all, what American says "when I graduate University"???

At the end of the day, this "entitled, spoiled baby" did what she is doing for my first 8 years at UPS, and have been humping bundles from a package car for 25 more.

She isn't worth talking off of the ledge, let her jump.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
0EF7821F-CCF0-420B-A7E9-CE5878928DB4.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The vast majority of supervisors working grieviances get turned over to our resident old folk who's current wage on the preload is $31/h. An hour worked remotely near them is $60+
It sucks, that I get "the leftovers" less than $30 from 4 grieviances since . But it makes sense to use the higher wage scale as penalty.

Yolo

Yes. We have a couple old-timers that bush a broom and file grievances all day. And if they see anyone else file a grievance for a sup working they will file one and take the pay. Good gig they have going .