Supervisors working

F

Frankie's Friend

Yup. But it's been an year and still nothing. It keeps going to the next level. We filed every week.
A year?
File labor charges on it.

I know a ba and labor manager that colluded together to drag out a member's grievances for 3 yrs. Charges were filed twice and the member finally got paid.

Blackstream

It's in your best interest as a sup to not fight the union push for you to not work. There's enough pressure on you from upper management already to keep your area moving, do you really want to become expected to deal with the stress and headache and do the hard labor on top of it? You've probably seen enough of ups to know that ups tries to run as lean as possible, so if you, a supervisor with no union protection, are allowed to work, guess what? That area is now gonna get staffed like you're an employee they can actually production harass. Which means working won't be something you do on the really :censored2:ty days, it'll become a thing you have to do every day to keep your area running, and of course you'll have to do your normal job on top of it.

Which also loses a job for the union, possibly more than one if ups can push you hard enough.

Whitelightning1534

What is it about supervisors working that really gets you guys worked up.

Is it because the contract says we can’t, or do you guys think by us working we are legitimately taking work away from you guys.

I’ve always been curious

Supervisors aren't supposed to touch boxes and they're the ones who actually saw some kind of raise which is why we all get so upset or worked up when we see them working but what people need to know is that you can grievance them for working and make money off then for them touching boxes if you get lucky enough to see a full timer or higher touching boxes then supposed you can grievance them and get paid either time and a half for however long they worked

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Supervisors aren't supposed to touch boxes and they're the ones who actually saw some kind of raise which is why we all get so upset or worked up when we see them working but what people need to know is that you can grievance them for working and make money off then for them touching boxes if you get lucky enough to see a full timer or higher touching boxes then supposed you can grievance them and get paid either time and a half for however long they worked

F7478D93-BBA3-45B2-9312-D5C7B31D7A86.gif

Is it because the contract says we can’t, or do you guys think by us working we are legitimately taking work away from you guys.

I’ve always been curious
If you don’t pay dues keep your :censored2:n hands in your pockets. Why do you feel compelled to work. Better yet keep doing it so I can get paid!!!!! I like the double/penalty pay!!!

RealPerson

Several supervisors work every day in our building.
They say we have X amount of call offs.
They say plan calls for X amount of people and we don't have that many. (Hiring freeze I heard)
There are so many New hires with blue vests, that a supervisor can work in the same area.

Rack em

Made the Podium
They say plan calls for X amount of people and we don't have that many. (Hiring freeze I heard)
There are so many New hires with blue vests, that a supervisor can work in the same area.
File anyways, a hiring freeze is no excuse.

As long as they are training , they can handle pkgs. but after that training is over they still can’t resist handling pkgs. file on that bargaining work. Double pay!$$$$$

ihateloading

Sups in my hub load all the time but no one cares cause they’re usually loading trailers no one wants to load or they are helping you load a diarrhea flowing ass trailer. I hate that one sup works the bulk line all day, mostly because I want to be on the bulk line lol, but I see no real reason to throw a fit over it.

Reading some of the replies I wish they wouldn’t load now. :censored2: the contract, we’re under staffed but have at least 3-4 trailers unmanned on my side of the outbound alone. They’re very very slow flowing trailers but someone’s still gotta watch them sometimes. And if someone doesn’t show up, or goes to hazmat class or something, we’re usually :censored2:ed lol. I haven’t seen a blue vest since late Nov-Dec and I work at :censored2:ing CACH lol

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
If only preload was informed by union/members they’re guaranteed 3.5hrs pay...

If sent home prior to 3.5 they still qualify for the guaranteed 3hr minimum and should be filing Art 22 for their 3hrs.

The problem is nobody reads the contract/supplements to know these things.

View attachment 232069 View attachment 232068
Ive been trying to get a hold on a copy of the contract for over a year now..

And have been asking like crazy for a copy of the new one.

MarvelousMunata

Hahaha, my sups know better than to touch my trucks. Theyll get more than cursed out and grieved with no warning.

You wana play number games. Have me clock in an hour after some newbies and then try to rush my work to send me home early.
Dont get mad or take :censored2: personal you unprofessional pricks when you watch me sign for that check.

MarvelousMunata

Ohohohohoooo and if they really think its only about the money.
I dont need to grieve you. Theres always a corporate complaint. Which do you prefer?

Supervisors be actin like hours and grievences get paid from their personal bank accounts.

Call me in at a decent start time. Ask midnight if they want ot. Call drivers in early. No :censored2:ing reason for you to be working.

Sups in my hub load all the time but no one cares cause they’re usually loading trailers no one wants to load or they are helping you load a diarrhea flowing ass trailer. I hate that one sup works the bulk line all day, mostly because I want to be on the bulk line lol, but I see no real reason to throw a fit over it.

Reading some of the replies I wish they wouldn’t load now. :censored2: the contract, we’re under staffed but have at least 3-4 trailers unmanned on my side of the outbound alone. They’re very very slow flowing trailers but someone’s still gotta watch them sometimes. And if someone doesn’t show up, or goes to hazmat class or something, we’re usually :censored2:ed lol. I haven’t seen a blue vest since late Nov-Dec and I work at :censored2:ing CACH lol
Double pay penalty pay for each supervisor working. The only way you will get help is by slapping em with a grievance. The company would probably just pay it out. I would let them work all week. And then file. :censored2: em

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

I’ve always been curious
IQ TEST , Why a delegate should get a second pension paid by the Members??? MR dark side.... Please others be free to answer!!