Supplement status

F

Frankie's Friend

UPS Freight got cold feet, when the company emptied the system prior to

the second vote. And then, had a record turnout on the second vote.

Voting yes....

All the loudmouth "vote no" people jumped ship.
I read what happened and understood that.
They got offered a low ball deal then "enhanced" it (some).

Hmmm, that's sounds familiar.

If we were positioned to walk and they were as well the stakes wouldve been higher for the company. You already know this dont you bug?

I don't feel the need to publicly ask him that.

As, I don't betray the confidence of PM's.

While someone like you.... is easy to "sum" up.

:biggrin:
You....got me again. I'm sure you are....a real shark when going up against management. Actually- it isn't that difficult to...."sum" up you. Of course- this IS The-Land-of-Make-Believe. You are probably a great "Guy". But sometimes it is hard to tell when the condescending remarks go out toward the people you supposedly represent. I suppose I could back off some. But that wouldn't be....fun. Lol.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm sure you are....a real shark when going up against management.

Better than most.... but, not good as a few.

I suppose I could back off some. But that wouldn't be....fun. Lol.

Your only hindrance.... is lack of "real" world experience.

And, wishful thinking.

Maybe at some point you will take a moment and try to figure out why things are the way that they are. And maybe you will consider not blaming it all on the membership and stop pretending that this union is perfect in every way. Maybe. Lol.

I can't make anyone.... do anything.

Can you ?

F

Frankie's Friend

There was no chance, UPS Pkg or UPS Freight....

Would have had the gut's to walk. Not on a Nationwide basis.
I respectfully disagree. Pkg would.
I do believe and know there's no way the company would go there either. No way. Especially at peak season.
So "we" kissed the ring from a position of strength for what reason? That's where the "guts" are lacking.

I don't feel the need to publicly ask him that.

As, I don't betray the confidence of PM's.

While someone like you.... is easy to "sum" up.

:biggrin:
That was not the response he was looking for and I believe that you knew it.

The issue, to go back to it, was about you telling people over the years to step up and put their "money" where their mouth is.

It was not about alleged PMs.

Corresponding on here often gets to be a sword fight. No wonder people discredit "union brotherhood".
You are either adopted into a (segment of) a family and support it or you're a stepchild and often get the wind.
It is frustrating and just wrong.

Better than most.... but, not good as a few.

Your only hindrance.... is lack of "real" world experience.

And, wishful thinking.

I can't make anyone.... do anything.

Can you ?
I certainly can't make you stop being smug. But I can go get some "real " world experience- where's the best deal on pizza and wings? Keep up the good work Big Union Man.

F

Frankie's Friend

There was no chance, UPS Pkg or UPS Freight....

Would have had the gut's to walk. Not on a Nationwide basis.
I have to retract my statement somewhat.
There would be some areas that are allegedly happy with what they got (maybe lagoon's).
There were enough that were unhappy to cause a great disruption if the strike percipitated.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
UPS Freight got cold feet, when the company emptied the system prior to

the second vote. And then, had a record turnout on the second vote.

Voting yes....

All the loudmouth "vote no" people jumped ship.

Not all of the drivers are back and some were moved to other classifications. I spoke with a couple guys that said they were being told to vote no to get more.

BrownMonk

The freight industry, peaks in September ?

Who ever told them that.... was unfamiliar with the freight business.

Agreed on both. Their peak is a couple months before ours so the falloff occurs earlier in all freight companies I know. I just got from him that he believed the workers had miscalculated their ability to get more. That, along with the recent trend everyone has watched(holding out for a second round improvement), gave a few of them a feeling of security. I thought carhaul was going to be the sacrificial lamb that the International was going to use to stop the madness but it didn't happen. Sometimes there is not more out there to get.

BrownMonk

I was talking with an business agent in Centeral Pa. over the weekend and he says they fixed their one major problem they had and believes their supplement is going to fly through. He couldn't remember the schedule to vote it. He says the Western Pa. supplement is all screwed up and doesn't know how it will be fixed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Agreed on both. Their peak is a couple months before ours so the falloff occurs earlier in all freight companies I know. I just got from him that he believed the workers had miscalculated their ability to get more. That, along with the recent trend everyone has watched(holding out for a second round improvement), gave a few of them a feeling of security. I thought carhaul was going to be the sacrificial lamb that the International was going to use to stop the madness but it didn't happen. Sometimes there is not more out there to get.
No, UPS Freight lost their leverage when their "Big Brothers" in small package got their rejected Master and Supplements shoved down their throats, in essence leaving them "out on a limb", all alone.

The IBT sold out the whole process on some "Constitutional revelation", then assisted the Company idly in their scate tactics, all the while leaving UPS Freight to drown in the wake.

It had nothing to do with any "miscalculations"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No, UPS Freight lost their leverage when their "Big Brothers" in small package got their rejected Master and Supplements shoved down their throats, in essence leaving them "out on a limb", all alone.

Who said that ? It was Fred Z.

He still can't get over the fact, that he was "looked over" while trying to replace

a retiring Central Region VP.

We all have copies of his "plea".

-Bug-

The IBT sold out the whole process on some "Constitutional revelation", then assisted the Company idly in their scate tactics, all the while leaving UPS Freight to drown in the wake.

It had nothing to do with any "miscalculations"
But, but, UPSers couldn't be bothered with voting. Lol.

browned out

I was talking with an business agent in Centeral Pa. over the weekend and he says they fixed their one major problem they had and believes their supplement is going to fly through. He couldn't remember the schedule to vote it. He says the Western Pa. supplement is all screwed up and doesn't know how it will be fixed.

Great, can you get a hold of the Central PA BA and post the proposed supplement? OR Can anyone in Central PA post the proposed supplement?

It would be helpful to view any of the still not resolved other supplement proposals.

We, in Local 243 Metro Detroit have numerous issues with our supplement that can (and are required to) be renegotiated in our local supplement. 243 is well aware of the numerus issues.

Local 804, hopefully, will be a blue print for the unresolved supplements; as well as a beacon for the rest of the union that was left in the wake of the Hoffa/Taylor/UPS collusion of the 2018 CBA and hopefully be fixed by the post Hoffa/Taylor/Hall team for the 2023 Contract.

Teamsters deserve to get answers to simple questions regarding substantial changes in working conditions, pay and terms of employment.

If these easily answered questions are not answered; there is.... beyond a high probability; that charges will be forthcoming from at least one of the following supplemental areas. 804, Central PA, Western Pa and Metro Detroit all have addressed numerous issues that need to be addressed in order for the union to have fulfilled their duty of fair representation during contract negotiations.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We, in Local 243 Metro Detroit have numerous issues with our supplement that can (and are required to) be renegotiated in our local supplement. 243 is well aware of the numerus issues.

Half of the members in your Local don't really seem to care.... they didn't vote.

Local 804, hopefully, will be a blue print for the unresolved supplements; as well as a beacon for the rest of the union that was left in the wake of the Hoffa/Taylor/UPS collusion of the 2018 CBA

You gotta like the conspiracy theories.

Was there a concerted effort to suppress the member votes ?

Or, maybe they just weren't counted.

BTW;

Local 804, will most likely be the very last.

They have a new slate of elected officials and could be starting from scratch on

negotiating that supplement. I wish them luck.

If these easily answered questions are not answered; there is.... beyond a high probability; that charges will be forthcoming from at least one of the following supplemental areas. 804, Central PA, Western Pa and Metro Detroit all have addressed numerous issues that need to be addressed in order for the union to have fulfilled their duty of fair representation during contract negotiations.

Yawn.

Wake me up, when that happens.

Not even TDU or their shill Fred Z.... have even alluded to that kind of nonsense.

Half of the members in your Local don't really seem to care.... they didn't vote.

You gotta like the conspiracy theories.

Was there a concerted effort to suppress the member votes ?

Or, maybe they just weren't counted.

BTW;

Local 804, will most likely be the very last.

They have a new slate of elected officials and could be starting from scratch on

negotiating that supplement. I wish them luck.

Yawn.

Wake me up, when that happens.

Not even TDU or their shill Fred Z.... have even alluded to that kind of nonsense.
Maybe you can....lend your skills to 804. You seem to know....everything. Lol.