Supplemental STD insurance recommendations

BeefiestMass

That is, short-term disability.

Our STD isn't even enough to cover a modest mortgage payment, so I've been thinking about getting supplemental. But I'm not sure where to look. Anyone have any real life experience or recommendations or tips? All I can think of is Aflac but that's only bc of their relentless advertising.

Red Headed Stranger

A family member was an emergency room physician and always had supplemental short term disability insurance coverage. Mass Mutual was one of the carriers she had coverage through. Another was Northwestern Mutual and Mutual of Omaha. I'm not sure how they would coordinate benefits with an existing employer-sponsored STD policy though.

DOK

Our STD isn't even enough to cover a modest mortgage payment, so I've been thinking about getting supplemental. But I'm not sure where to look. Anyone have any real life experience or recommendations or tips? All I can think of is Aflac but that's only bc of their relentless advertising.
I have a policy with Assurity, $69 per month for $1500 per month benefit. I used it once when I had an emergency surgery, was out 2 months, it went smoothly.

BeefiestMass

I have a policy with Assurity, $69 per month for $1500 per month benefit. I used it once when I had an emergency surgery, was out 2 months, it went smoothly.
What kind of waiting and benefit period/riders did you have to get a rate like that?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Damn, too poor to put American cheese on it?
On the babies?
720B1031-C621-4B95-8D56-8761DACE5853.jpeg