Support Straight Pride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
"Homosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner."
When you talk about choosing to do something right or wrong, the degree of difficulty depends on the person and what is being decided on.
Every person is different , and every person is tempted by different things at different levels of desire.
I have no desire or am tempted to steal at anytime but, a co-worker might have to do that battle all the time to do the right thing.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
"Homosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner."
Cool but what does this have to do with people who aren’t retarded living off Jesus and God?

BrownFlush

Cool but what does this have to do with people who aren’t retarded living off Jesus and God?
Inference?
Only retarded people believe in God.

Living off Jesus and God?
Neither one ever wrote me a check.
But, I give God the credit and glory for my life , the opportunities I have had, and what I have been given.

Last edited:

Non sequitur

90% accurate. Sin is placing the love reserved for God on a created thing. Jesus did raise the bar on what constitutes a sin when He said " if you say rocca",(damn you) you are guilty of murder. So by extension thoughts can also be sinful. Most sins are committed through thoughtless and don't measure up to actual sins but merely human imperfections. Actual sins require three conditions grievous matter sufficient reflection and full consent of the will. So let's say if you are drunk and you did something that you normally wouldn't do you didn't have full consent of your will since you were under the influence.

BrownFlush

90% accurate. Sin is placing the love reserved for God on a created thing. Jesus did raise the bar on what constitutes a sin when He said " if you say rocca",(damn you) you are guilty of murder. So by extension thoughts can also be sinful. Most sins are committed through thoughtless and don't measure up to actual sins but merely human imperfections. Actual sins require three conditions grievous matter sufficient reflection and full consent of the will. So let's say if you are drunk and you did something that you normally wouldn't do you didn't have full consent of your will since you were under the influence.
Obviously the drunkenness would be sinful. But other acts committed after inebriation don't measure up.
You are still responsible (guilty , held accountable ) for what you do. Drunk or not.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The responsibility of a "retarded" Christian isn't to change the fallen, but to open their eyes, that they might change themselves. We are all born sinners. Our duty is to recognize our own sin and conquer it, not condemn those whose eyes remain closed.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I disagree. The first sin was permitting yourself to become drunk. Subsequent wrongs are actually multiplied by the first.

El Correcto

god is dead
The responsibility of a "retarded" Christian isn't to change the fallen, but to open their eyes, that they might change themselves. We are all born sinners. Our duty is to recognize our own sin and conquer it, not condemn those whose eyes remain closed.
Okay, so how does this fit with denying gay kids at your schools? Seems kind of counter intuitive.

Non sequitur

There are degrees of sin just like there are degrees of crimes. Trials are held to discover culpability. I'm just giving you the tools that are needed for self-examination. Redemption occurs when we accuse our self after realizing how much God loves us.

bbsam

Staff member
I hear those on the left say "we must accept". Well, that means you also must accept the other side. Not seeing any of that particularly on lefty college campuses.
Are you saying that college kids don’t accept heterosexuals on their campus? I find that hard to believe. Certainly doesn’t ring true with my college experiences.

BrownFlush

There are degrees of sin just like there are degrees of crimes. Trials are held to discover culpability. I'm just giving you the tools that are needed for self-examination. Redemption occurs when we accuse our self after realizing how much God loves us.
I agree with degrees.
Again, what wrong is not wrong and what sin is not sin because you are drunk? Can you name one?

Status
Not open for further replies.