Suppose to start work today as seasonal help, no call from management.

Aldous23

Today I was suppose to start working for UPS as a seasonal driver helper. I was told they would call me between 9-11am. I never received a call. On Saturday, two days before I was suppose to start work and two days before my availability started they called me and asked if I could work that day. I declined because I had to get stuff together to start work today. The manager told me they would call me on Monday between 9-11am and to not call them at all. What should I do? Why did they not call me today? How do I contact them if i am not supposed to call the number back?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Today I was suppose to start working for UPS as a seasonal driver helper. I was told they would call me between 9-11am. I never received a call. On Saturday, two days before I was suppose to start work and two days before my availability started they called me and asked if I could work that day. I declined because I had to get stuff together to start work today. The manager told me they would call me on Monday between 9-11am and to not call them at all. What should I do? Why did they not call me today? How do I contact them if i am not supposed to call the number back?
You don't call them they will call you if they need you. Must not have needed you today

rod

Retired 22 years
Get used to it. Didn't they tell you that you must not make any other plans and be ready on a moments notice 24/7 because the world revolves around them?

rod

Retired 22 years
One more question. If they dont call by 11 will they not call you at all that day? Or am I suppose to wait by my phone all day long?

They can't leave you a message or send you a text? Is there really someone out there that is farther behind the times than me?

Aldous23

They can't leave you a message or send you a text? Is there really someone out there that is farther behind the times than me?
They could, but I'd rather be ready to work than miss a call or receive a message too late. I'm use to good communication when it comes to work. In my opinion they should call no matter what and tell you if your needed or not.

rod

Retired 22 years
They could, but I'd rather be ready to work than miss a call or receive a message too late. I'm use to good communication when it comes to work. In my opinion they should call no matter what and tell you if your needed or not.

Man did you sign on with the wrong company. UPS 101---keep em guessing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
181F10C2-472A-491E-9889-6AB7AD512B21.gif

Box Ox

Man did you sign on with the wrong company. UPS 101---keep em guessing.

The day when UPS can no longer ride a reputation of integrity from years ago and has to treat seasonal employees fairly in order to hire any cannot come soon enough.

Box Ox

Thanks for your help, guess I'm an idiot for not knowing how the company works considering today was suppose to be my first day.

Nah, you're not. When you've worked here for a while, you forget how little the public can actually see and know about how the operation works. Seasonals looking to make an honest buck are taken advantage of every year, like clockwork.