Supreme Court strikes down public union dues, any thoughts?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your co-workers. If that union hasn't got them raises in ten years either your area is economically depressed or you guys need to decertify the union and vote one in that will. If the membership continually votes on contracts with no raises they really have no one to blame but themselves.
They already make too much. Hell he probably gets Kashmir Pulaski day as a paid holiday.

MAKAVELI

I have not voted on any contracts here in my short time, So I don’t know the full story. But apparently they get voted down and magically they just get enforced. Like I said I don’t know the FULL story.
Sounds fishy to me. Get involved and know your rights.

Employer/Union Rights and Obligations | NLRB
It is an unfair labor practice for either party to refuse to bargain collectively with the other, but parties are not compelled to reach agreement or make concessions.

If after sufficient good faith efforts, no agreement can be reached, the employer may declare impasse, and then implement the last offer presented to the union. However, the union may disagree that true impasse has been reached and file a charge of an unfair labor practice for failure to bargain in good faith. The NLRB will determine whether true impasse was reached based on the history of negotiations and the understandings of both parties.

If the Agency finds that impasse was not reached, the employer will be asked to return to the bargaining table. In an extreme case, the NLRB may seek a federal court order to force the employer to bargain.

Brownslave688

Yeah out here most State and local government employees have the best benefits anywhere. They usually get a COLA raise every year as well.
I'll tell you what my local county has been getting :censored2:ed hard lately. Although if I had to guess they are not union.

Few years back the county decided they are only giving them X amount of dollars towards healthcare and the employee makes up the rest. So the employees have basically been taking pay cuts ever since.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Yeah out here most State and local government employees have the best benefits anywhere. They usually get a COLA raise every year as well.

I pay $10 a month for my health insurance. It’s not great but not horrible. I get a ton of paid time off, 10 (I believe) paid holidays. The only raise I have gotten and will ever get is when I got my CDL. And that’s it.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

I pay $10 a month for my health insurance. It’s not great but not horrible. I get a ton of paid time off, 10 (I believe) paid holidays. The only raise I have gotten and will ever get is when I got my CDL. And that’s it.

They also take an additional 4% out of my check for the pension on top of what they already take.

Brownslave688

Can't believe they pay you that much to sit in the office and snapchat all day.

MAKAVELI

You've been there 4 months and you already want a raise?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Regardless of who’s in office this decision strikes to the rights we are all afforded to as Americans. This is a voluntary action, in other words if you’re happy with your representation and find no conflict with your personal beliefs and the platforms that their anointed candidates are pushing, then you’ll see no issue with paying your dues. Ironically this power given back to its employees is exactly what the union should support and in fact has been the cornerstone in which the union has stood for since its inception.

Box Ox

This is a voluntary action, in other words if you’re happy with your representation and find no conflict with your personal beliefs and the platforms that their anointed candidates are pushing, then you’ll see no issue with paying your dues.

Just make sure to tell your local that you refuse all Union representation and rights in cases of discipline and negotiation. I've seen even the most anti-union guys throw their "beliefs" out the window when trouble comes for them.

542thruNthru

I'm more worried about who is going to make @Indecisi0n 's designer wedding cake???

I believe @Future is hard at work making that. At least that's what @silverbullet2893 showed me.
DEXATI20180627130116.png

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
You've been there 4 months and you already want a raise?

Already got one. And it will be the only one of my career here unless something changes.

I don’t deserve one right now. You have to put your time in. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying it’s kind of sickening to look at the future and not see ever getting a raise. Making 30,000 the rest of my career. There’s guys that haven’t seen a raise in 10+ years. It’s not fair to them. They’ve already told us don’t expect anything for 5 years. Meanwhile they spend millions on new dump trucks, etc.