Surepost 10 LBS Rule?????

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't set up hearings with the company. Maybe the NLRB can answer that. What do you think?

No guts.... No glory.

Maybe I was being too enigmatic.

If your Local Union is not providing suitable representation, by all means....

Follow up with NLRB charges.

Have you confronted them "on the record" @ a monthly meeting ??

That's where you should start.

If a grievance has been filed, and not heard yet (at the Local level)

You are going to have to force the issue. There is always 2 sides, to every story.

So maybe @BigUnionGuy you can cut the digs at members who have the guts to file and upbraid your brothers who don't have the guts to do their jobs.

I don't disparage members who file grievances.

But, file good ones. With supportable documentation.

After that.... follow up.

Once, is a mistake. A repeated pattern of contractual abuse is a winner.

Help me out.

Did I ever explain to you, the convenience of PayPal ? ;)

-Bug-

10 Pt

Maybe I was being too enigmatic.

If your Local Union is not providing suitable representation, by all means....

Follow up with NLRB charges.

Have you confronted them "on the record" @ a monthly meeting ??

That's where you should start.

If a grievance has been filed, and not heard yet (at the Local level)

You are going to have to force the issue. There is always 2 sides, to every story.

-Bug-

When we bring these issues up at the local membership meeting the principal officer starts slamming the gavel and yelling "you're out of order!" to shut the conversation down.

There are at least two sides to every story but typically one side is telling the truth and in this situation there are plenty of witnesses to that fact. The weakness is not on the members side it is on the local.

We had pages of documentation to those violations a couple years ago and somehow the information got stolen out of the stewards briefcase when he left the room to get some more documentation during hearings. The investigation was done thoroughly. The labor manager was very concerned. They were busted but due to the dissappearance of the evidence we had to withdraw the grievances with rights.

Proximity stops are what the interpretation was grieved on this year and that is still sitting on the business agents desk... for months.
No local hearing, no phone call from the business agent about any hearing date being set up pertaining to that interpretation and there's many other grievances still sitting there from as far back as at least July, 2016.

That is the only story. But there's a lot more to this story that has been going on for years.

We wish it was as easy as a Paypal payment to fix this mess because it would be a lot cheaper what we've suffered for too long.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When we bring these issues up at the local membership meeting the principal officer starts slamming the gavel and yelling "you're out of order!" to shut the conversation down.

Easiest way to avoid that problem, is with a copy of your Locals bylaws and familiarize

yourself with "Robert's Rules of Order".

Robert's Rules of Order Online - Parliamentary Procedure and Parliamentarians - RulesOnline.com

There are at least two sides to every story but typically one side is telling the truth and in this situation there are plenty of witnesses to that fact. The weakness is not on the members side it is on the local.

I don't doubt, that's your perception.

Proximity stops are what the interpretation was grieved on this year and that is still sitting on the business agents desk... for months.

That could be part of the problem.

If you are grieving for an interpretation.... you won't get that on National language.

The National Panel only hears factual cases, and rules on the merits.

Nothing short of a MOU, would clarify the issue.

We had pages of documentation to those violations a couple years ago and somehow the information got stolen out of the stewards briefcase when he left the room to get some more documentation during hearings. The investigation was done thoroughly. The labor manager was very concerned. They were busted but due to the dissappearance of the evidence we had to withdraw the grievances with rights.

That sounds a little "cloak and dagger". Always make multiple copies.

We wish it was as easy as a Paypal payment to fix this mess because it would be a lot cheaper what we've suffered for too long.

Well.... here's a few freebies. (to start the new year)

Good luck.

-Bug-

10 Pt

Easiest way to avoid that problem, is with a copy of your Locals bylaws and familiarize

yourself with "Robert's Rules of Order".

Robert's Rules of Order Online - Parliamentary Procedure and Parliamentarians - RulesOnline.com
-Bug-
Those rules don't stop the screaming and threats the VP has yelled from the podium and his threats in the parking lot.

Those rules don't stop the PO's thug followers in the audience from jumping up and starting trash with the member who has the floor and is speaking.

Those rules didn't stop the VP from vulgarly disparaging a candidate who was asking a question (directed to the attorney) during the vote count saying the questioning member was basically "friend...ng stupid".

I don't doubt, that's your perception.
Not just my perception.
That could be part of the problem.

If you are grieving for an interpretation.... you won't get that on National language.

The National Panel only hears factual cases, and rules on the merits.

Nothing short of a MOU, would clarify the issue.
-Bug-

Well, you've got to start somewhere and filing an interp was what we did. What was the company's response to the filing?....They set up a system to bag more pkgs so that we had less to investigate since we aren't allowed to open the bags.

Does that excuse the BA from setting up a hearing to hear it and the other grievances that have not been heard since mid summer ... not to mention the ones on union hold?

Thank you for the freebies though. I appreciate any helpful insights from people who actually care about their members.

Bombarding the local with labor charges is stress relief in some form but after the election is truly finalized and certified (probably through the OLMS office) we are exploring another avenue depending on how this all turns out.

Thanks again and Happy New Year.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Those rules don't stop the screaming and threats the VP has yelled from the podium and his threats in the parking lot.

Those rules don't stop the PO's thug followers in the audience from jumping up and starting trash with the member who has the floor and is speaking.

Those rules didn't stop the VP from vulgarly disparaging a candidate who was asking a question (directed to the attorney) during the vote count saying the questioning member was basically "friend...ng stupid".

What Local ??

-Bug-