Surepost Shortcut

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
This is just one more reason NOT to do this. If customer wants to go pick up somewhere why order on line? The number one thing I hear from my customers is “I’m so glad they sent it with you and not the Post Office.”

You are encouraging them to quit ordering, Take care or the customers they are the ones funding your paycheck and your pension.
These drivers just want to get home to smoke weed and play the X Box. My center is full of them. They all cry about their stop count every morning. friend em.

Est.1998

My post office delays delivery for 1 or 2 days so my customers do notice.
My aunts pkg was delivered to the post office (surepost) on 5/6/21.
It still hasn't been delivered to her house.
Track the pkg via UPS it says it was delivered to USPS, which provides you with another tracking number.
When you use that number, it says USPS is still awaiting pkg.

deeztier

My aunts pkg was delivered to the post office (surepost) on 5/6/21.
It still hasn't been delivered to her house.
Track the pkg via UPS it says it was delivered to USPS, which provides you with another tracking number.
When you use that number, it says USPS is still awaiting pkg.
surepost was in a rental vehicle to drop at the post office under one scan. probably stuck in a crevice inside the rental. seent it happen alot.

Est.1998

surepost was in a rental vehicle to drop at the post office under one scan. probably stuck in a crevice inside the rental. seent it happen alot.
She claimed it was 6lbs box.
I told her submit a claim and get your money back. That's what I'd do after 3 weeks.

Big Rigger

These drivers just want to get home to smoke weed and play the X Box. My center is full of them. They all cry about their stop count every morning. friend em.
When the company quits looking the other direction the minions will have something to really cry about. Force out the veterans drivers with abusive dispatches and fire the ignorant children who call themselves ups drivers but are glorified pizza delivery boys. Then hire more 22.4s. What a joke.

BrownSnowFlake

Been meaning to post this for a little while. Some drivers I know who have a post office on their routes have casually mentioned “dumping surepost” on heavy days aka going through the truck at the post office and delivering all surepost packages to the PO even if they are in the EDD as a normal delivery. Has anybody else heard of this? I wouldn’t do this kind of thing unless instructed by a supe...actually I didn’t even want to ask the supes about it in case they started asking questions about who was doing this.
You should do the opposite.
Dump out your surepost bags and deliver all the pieces to their final address.
Get lots of OT, big bucks $$$ 💰

Big Rigger

There used to be pride in being a ups driver but now it's become a soulless company with soulless employees just going thru the motions.
Quality? Used to be a topic. Now it's overallowed and deficient pph. Look at the destroyed packages in your load. Yeah, that's the example of quality that matters to preload and full time supervision.

Spanky250

If customer wants to go pick up somewhere why order on line?

Slightly off topic, but I had a customer use similar reasoning about access points when they first started.

He said "If I have to drive someplace to pick something up that I paid to have delivered here, then I may as well have driven to the store to buy it in the first place, so why do I need you guys?"

I relayed this to management, and they basically said aww too bad.

Zowert

I’m trying to figure it out why someone would do that. You’re essentially taking money out of your pocket by shortening your day.

Est.1998

He said "If I have to drive someplace to pick something up that I paid to have delivered here, then I may as well have driven to the store to buy it in the first place, so why do I need you guys?"
Access points are actually a good thing for those that don't know how to be home when we attempt delivery.
It's a lot closer to drive to the AP than it is to the hub.

Zowert

Access points are actually a good thing for those that don't know how to be home when we attempt delivery.
You can’t win with some people. I get the occausional Karen that gets pissed because she had to pick her stuff up at an AP two miles away. “Why don’t you just make another attempt the next day?” Well why aren’t you home when you know a new iPhone is coming?

Est.1998

You can’t win with some people. I get the occausional Karen that gets pissed because she had to pick her stuff up at an AP two miles away. “Why don’t you just make another attempt the next day?” Well why aren’t you home when you know a new iPhone is coming?
Lol and you know she was tracking it all day! Runner would have placed it on the first step after forging the customers signature.

Est.1998

Situations like this you gotta ask yourself: what would @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U do

Big Rigger

It's selective tho. The further their address is extended and it's sig req'd that is the reason it gets kicked to the AP after the first attempt. Not after the 3rd attempt. So no, it's not about convenience it's about extended send agains.