Surge pay

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Oh? I'd love to see something in policy that dictates anything of the sort.

After all, you have different pay levels for different markets. You people working side by side doing the same job with one guy making ten bucks an hour more than the other. What an asymmetrical distribution of money!!!!

When one has a serious problem that the other doesn't, absolutely. Only a fool would think otherwise.

It's an issue of how much it's going to cost to replace him, how long it's going to take to replace him, whether the new guy will be any good, how much potential the existing guy has, and so on. I may not like it or I may not care, but I won't disagree that it's a wise decision when it's obviously a wise decision.
Rationalization is the action of attempting to explain or justify behavior or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A retired DGO employee that has forgotten more about stations ops than you will ever know. Stay in your lane and stay in corporate discussions.
If I was making inaccurate comments about what happens in stations, you might have a point.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Rationalization is the action of attempting to explain or justify behavior or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.
Some people base the logical soundness of a decision on whether or not it benefits them.

Artee

Its in many many places now. Was just a AGFS thing and now its expanded into DGO. Anyplace with a lot of turn over is getting it because FDX knows they are screwed with peak just around the corner. If FDX would just do the right thing and pay what they should be paying they would not be in this position. We start our new truck drivers at $20/hr. Should be $27-29/hr. Couriers should be starting somewhere around $24/hr.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Is everyone in the company getting the $3 an hour more surge pay that lasts from September 12th till December 31st or is it just certain markets?

Here is the letter explaining. Only a handful of areas are getting it. Most people won't be getting it:

Attachments

• bonus pay.jpg
    bonus pay.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 67

FX’D UP

So for our ”Hero‘s“ FedEx is giving a minimal 1 step raise to most and ZERO for Top. Surge Pay to minimal hubs vast majority get ZERO .. just to keep people thru peak at hubs that load planes…then its gone. What an embarrassment to us mostly and corporate America. On a side note they will use “Operational Needs” as to why only select hubs get surge pay.