Surpassed $90k

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just under $79k myself. I took way more dead days this year than I should have. Oh well, I'll hit one of those "Big Boy" clubs one of these days. I myself have never been bothered if someone asked me what I earn. Now, with that being said, I earn more than most of my/my wife's friends,and our families, out of respect I don't let them know what we earn. It would be a real dick move of me to go around saying "We make $XXX+ a year". I'm sure they know we earn a good bit, but that's all they need to know.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Why so high? I claim "3" and had $5,605 withheld. On the plus side, my 401k contribution was $12,506.

You claim "9" and had $12K withheld?? Do you contribute to your 401k?
I claim "3" also but we are taxed on over 200K of income. The bulk of our retirement funding comes out of my spouses income as she has many more options available to invest in.

Overpaid Union Thug

Why so high? I claim "3" and had $5,605 withheld. On the plus side, my 401k contribution was $12,506.

You claim "9" and had $12K withheld?? Do you contribute to your 401k?

Yes. I contribute 8% (will be 10% once we get our next raise) to the Roth 401K. I use the IRS Withholding Calculator every year to see how much I can claim. It hasn't failed me YET.