Surviving the 30 days after they keep you after peak season

NYCFXG

Hope you didn't burn your bridge with your previous contractor.. UPS is a fickle whore. There is no rhyme or reason guys get hired or passed up with UPS. One of the most responsible, hard working guys I know got passed up recently. I know the UPS guys very very well in my areas and they can't hold a candle to this guy.

Hanz90

Hope you didn't burn your bridge with your previous contractor.. UPS is a fickle whore. There is no rhyme or reason guys get hired or passed up with UPS. One of the most responsible, hard working guys I know got passed up recently. I know the UPS guys very very well in my areas and they can't hold a candle to this guy.
I did everything right. Never late, never missed a day of work. ALWAYS finished and did whatever they said. And then they tell me don’t come in the next day until told otherwise. They never asked for my ID or uniform.

AlliSeeisBrown

Just being honest...You shouldn't be stirring the pot when you're in your 30 days. Especially asking for a transfer and talking with HR, who doesn't really do anything else other than hire people. If HR talked with the center management, they probably see you as a problem child now and you burned yourself if that's the truth. Also, I believe your seniority date is when you achieve your 30 days. Volume is low and they might just be trying to get other trainee's up to the speed that you're supposedly at so they gave you a few days off to focus on that.
Also, asking for a transfer within your first 30 days is being really soft.

Indecisi0n

I know I started before them. So by definition I have more seniority then them. However I went up to HR and asked for a transfer because I thought I wasn’t getting a fair shot. I’m guessing HR told them what I said and it ruined my chances. But if they didn’t want me then why even bother keeping me then telling me not to come in the next day?
You are not in the union so you don't have any seniority. They can place you guys where ever, how ever they like.

Hanz90

Just being honest...You shouldn't be stirring the pot when you're in your 30 days. Especially asking for a transfer and talking with HR, who doesn't really do anything else other than hire people. If HR talked with the center management, they probably see you as a problem child now and you burned yourself if that's the truth. Also, I believe your seniority date is when you achieve your 30 days. Volume is low and they might just be trying to get other trainee's up to the speed that you're supposedly at so they gave you a few days off to focus on that.
Also, asking for a transfer within your first 30 days is being really soft.
If I burned myself then why am I still there? They never asked my ID or uniform. My intentions were to never stir the pot. All I want is to work, get paid and go home just like everyone else. I have never been a problem at any job it’s just mind boggling. Maybe I’m just reading too much into it. Idk

AlliSeeisBrown

If I burned myself then why am I still there? They never asked my ID or uniform. My intentions were to never stir the pot. All I want is to work, get paid and go home just like everyone else. I have never been a problem at any job it’s just mind boggling. Maybe I’m just reading too much into it. Idk
Even if you were DQ'd, they don't always ask for the uniform or ID back. I quit driving and I still have all of that stuff. I understand you're new at this, but you have to understand how this wild place works. You got laid off because they didn't need you at the time. It's no biggie. They'll instruct you on if and when they want you to come in and drive. You stirred the pot when you approached HR about transferring when you haven't attained seniority yet. During your qualification you need to just suck everything up and do everything you can to make book. Then after you get seniority, you can start bringing up issues if you want. If you seem like a problem they will find a way to get you gone before you qualify.

Once you get enough seniority where you're working every single day (especially if you're good) you'll appreciate having a couple days off.