Syria

vantexan

The Dems lost because the Dems became Republicans.
"60 Minutes" did an interview with one of the Koch brothers about a year ago. I think it was Charles. He described himself as a "classic liberal." Said he supported Republicans because they weren't driving us into the ditch as fast as the Democrats were. So there you have it from the George Soros of the Republican Party. They're all moving in the same direction, just a matter of speed.

wkmac

"60 Minutes" did an interview with one of the Koch brothers about a year ago. I think it was Charles. He described himself as a "classic liberal." Said he supported Republicans because they weren't driving us into the ditch as fast as the Democrats were. So there you have it from the George Soros of the Republican Party. They're all moving in the same direction, just a matter of speed.

Slow down Van. Sadly 20th century politics have turned political terms on their head so to understand what Charles Koch meant, you have to understand a bit of history. What you think when you hear the term classic liberal actually classical liberal and what he means are 2 different things. Fact is, most of the founding fathers such as Jefferson and Franklin were themselves classical liberals. So was Thomas Paine whose place in history IMO is sadly not spoken of enough.

The late historian and history professor Ralph Raico penned this piece about Classical Liberalism reprinted by the free market libertarian Mises Institute and gives a pretty good discussion on the topic. I'm no Koch fan for other reasons but I'm not going to wrongly judge him because terms have been so grossly damaged by political agendas.

newfie

Slow down Van. Sadly 20th century politics have turned political terms on their head so to understand what Charles Koch meant, you have to understand a bit of history. What you think when you hear the term classic liberal actually classical liberal and what he means are 2 different things. Fact is, most of the founding fathers such as Jefferson and Franklin were themselves classical liberals. So was Thomas Paine whose place in history IMO is sadly not spoken of enough.

The late historian and history professor Ralph Raico penned this piece about Classical Liberalism reprinted by the free market libertarian Mises Institute and gives a pretty good discussion on the topic. I'm no Koch fan for other reasons but I'm not going to wrongly judge him because terms have been so grossly damaged by political agendas.
I never did like Ralph :)

wkmac

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

wkmac

MIT Professor Theodor Postol, Professor of Science, Technology and National Security Policy in the Program in Science questions the evidence of a Syrian Sarin Gas Attack conducted by the Syrian gov't.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
MIT Professor Theodor Postol, Professor of Science, Technology and National Security Policy in the Program in Science questions the evidence of a Syrian Sarin Gas Attack conducted by the Syrian gov't.

It was on the Internet, it must be true.

He was more obscuring than Spicer.
I listened to it twice and he just said Intelligence was wrong ... didn't refute anything.

newfie

You can always find some guy with a sheepskin to throw water on the obvious .

newfie

Well you can post the latest Neo-Con talking points if you like.

I appreciate the attempt at taking a shot at me though the slap was a tad on the limp wristed side.

Assad is a slime ball he's not going to become an honest good hearted member of society no matter how many Professors you trot out in his defense.

Saint hood does not await Assad if the chemical attack is disproven.
not will proof result in our going in and taking Assad out. the missile attack was symbolic at the most.

there are many bright debaters out there that could convincingly argue either side of an issue depending on their own personal biases and which way the wind is blowing.

in todays world the speakers own personal bias and motivations are as much in context as the information he presents.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I appreciate the attempt at taking a shot at me though the slap was a tad on the limp wristed side.

Assad is a slime ball he's not going to become an honest good hearted member of society no matter how many Professors you trot out in his defense.

Saint hood does not await Assad if the chemical attack is disproven.
not will proof result in our going in and taking Assad out. the missile attack was symbolic at the most.

there are many bright debaters out there that could convincingly argue either side of an issue depending on their own personal biases and which way the wind is blowing.

in todays world the speakers own personal bias and motivations are as much in context as the information he presents.
Just lick yourself Dawg ... it drives @wkmac crazy!

Sportello

Both are tieguy?!?!?!
Only one is tieguy.

I find it kinda funny actually. My comment had nothing to do with him. Look who I quoted unless Newfie & Sporty are the same 2 people. Now that would make the Russian conspiracy fall off the map here.
Your grammar needs a bit of work (same two people makes no sense), but to set the record straight, @newfie is @tieguy, and also @teamer, who seems to have had his account deleted.

You and @rickyb love the RT stuff, are you the same person?

rickyb

Why all the links to Russian propaganda?
i wouldnt call it that.

in terms of digital news, i find by donation to be the best type followed by state sponsored media like telesur and rt.

im not saying rt is remotely close to perfect; im pretty sure with RT you often miss out on the faults of russia, but i think they have alot of freedom to cover america domestic issues well. abby martin, chris hedges, and jesse ventura had / have shows on RT and these people care about the truth and RT gives them a platform.