Syria

It will be fine

He served his purpose as a distraction from Trump. The media fell for it.
I think I'm over the narrative that every display of incompetence is a distraction from the previous one. They just don't know what they're doing and it shows. I don't know what the spokesman for the White House bringing up Hitler unprompted is a distraction from. He's just not good at his job.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Spicer obviously screwed up but I feel like all the piling on over this is a bit much. If I really thought he was some kind of Hitler apologist it would be one thing but it seems like he's just a bungler. I can only imagine what SNL is gonna do with this.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think I'm over the narrative that every display of incompetence is a distraction from the previous one. They just don't know what they're doing and it shows. I don't know what the spokesman for the White House bringing up Hitler unprompted is a distraction from. He's just not good at his job.
Although very entertaining.
The left-wing media jumps on every little thing he bungles and blows it out of proportion.
I just sit back and laugh at all of them.

Some supposed expert was on MSNBC last night and called him Scott Spicer ... real creditable.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Although very entertaining.
The left-wing media jumps on every little thing he bungles and blows it out of proportion.
I just sit back and laugh at all of them.

Some supposed expert was on MSNBC last night and called him Scott Spicer ... real creditable.
That's better than what his college newspaper called him:

He attended Connecticut College from 1989 to 1993, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in government. In college he was a student senator. In April 1993, he wrote a letter to the student paper, The College Voice, urging that new campus anti-smoking rules not alter existing accommodations for smoking during examinations, then submitted an angry complaint after they rendered his byline as "Sean Sphincter", for which he received further ribbing from the campus satirical publication Blats. The incident was later cited as the beginning of his contentious relationship with the media

Catatonic

Nine Lives

He attended Connecticut College from 1989 to 1993, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in government. In college he was a student senator. In April 1993, he wrote a letter to the student paper, The College Voice, urging that new campus anti-smoking rules not alter existing accommodations for smoking during examinations, then submitted an angry complaint after they rendered his byline as "Sean Sphincter", for which he received further ribbing from the campus satirical publication Blats. The incident was later cited as the beginning of his contentious relationship with the media
Great Scott!

Last edited:

newfie

I've already stated I don't know. I wondered just how many planes Syria had so I did some searching and those were the sources I used which I footnoted in my post. Others are free to post other information that contradicts or discredits those sources if they wish.

BTW: I posted sources for my claims so could you post sources for the claims you made that the Russians supplied the Syrians with aircraft?

your source is the only one I've seen that estimates their air force being that high. General Mad Dog seems like a straight shooter from what I've seen of him so far.

newfie

the explanation was supposed to be that even Hitler did not drop gas on the enemy troops by plane. he got tongue tied.

newfie

totally amazing. we were able to find spicers college records so quickly yet the search for Obama's continues.

wkmac

your source is the only one I've seen that estimates their air force being that high. General Mad Dog seems like a straight shooter from what I've seen of him so far.

One of my sources was MSM that got their intel via the gov't press release from the Trump administration.

newfie

I wonder what Trump would have done had Assad only gassed soldiers instead of civilians?

probably nothing. the other angle to this that I'm not seeing anyone mention is the possibility this was a test by the Russians to see how Trump would respond.

It will be fine

the explanation was supposed to be that even Hitler did not drop gas on the enemy troops by plane. he got tongue tied.
Wrong. Even in Spicey's clarifications he talked about Hitler gassing his own people. His job is to clearly present the president's positions. He brought up Hitler, he should have been better prepared to make whatever crazy point he was trying to make. He's not good at his job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everyone knows that but that's not a good story.
It seems like in Sean's second statement he begins to realize how his comments were perceived, due to him bungling what he meant to say.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wonder what Trump would have done had Assad only gassed soldiers instead of civilians?
Probably the same ... it appears Trump's base reason for action was the use of chemical WMD regardless of the target.
Now, if it was at an ISIS camp, we may have investigated for a couple of years.
Context is so important.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wrong. Even in Spicey's clarifications he talked about Hitler gassing his own people. His job is to clearly present the president's positions. He brought up Hitler, he should have been better prepared to make whatever crazy point he was trying to make. He's not good at his job.
So I've heard.