T-S but on call for Mondays?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Have you ever read the contract ?

Section 6. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

"All employees who have worked for the Company for a minimum of twelve (12) months and worked at least 1250 hours during the past twelve (12) months are eligible for unpaid leave as set forth in the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.

Additionally, any employee not covered above, that has worked for the Company for a minimum of thirty-six (36) months and accrued at least 625 paid hours during the past twelve (12) months is eligible for unpaid leave as set forth below, except that the amount of leave allowed will be computed at one half (1/2) of the time provided by the FMLA."

Dude....

Working the "customer counter" @ Local 89.... has fried your brain.

I didn't see where he said he hadn't been here a year....

And I know you are obsessed with Fred Z, but for the 50th time I don't work under 89. Maybe you are the one with a fried brain

ManInBrown

Nope sorry. Not coming in on my day off is what you should have said all along. Guarantee you another driver you worked with told them that, and they left that driver alone and moved onto you. This company preys on the weak. It’s their M O.

Forcing you to wake up early and call in on your day off to see if you are needed. L O MF L

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Nope sorry. Not coming in on my day off is what you should have said all along. Guarantee you another driver you worked with told them that, and they left that driver alone and moved onto you. This company preys on the weak. It’s their M O.

Forcing you to wake up early and call in on your day off to see if you are needed. L O MF L
Yeah but how is he supposed to know any of that?? They throw a 30$ an hour gig with bennies in his face with a wife and kid on the way...he’s probably just thrilled to have the job and (rightfully) wouldn’t even think of trying to “rock the boat” at this point

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
FMLA dude. Play their game and keep working your life away for a while....gonna be a rough couple of years for you. But if you want to take your wife to her dr appointments then get on FMLA. And this will allow you to get some time with your family when your kid is born.
If I were him I’d keep working away and stacking cash. Then when that baby comes take his full 12 weeks.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Have you ever read the contract ?

Section 6. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

"All employees who have worked for the Company for a minimum of twelve (12) months and worked at least 1250 hours during the past twelve (12) months are eligible for unpaid leave as set forth in the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.

Additionally, any employee not covered above, that has worked for the Company for a minimum of thirty-six (36) months and accrued at least 625 paid hours during the past twelve (12) months is eligible for unpaid leave as set forth below, except that the amount of leave allowed will be computed at one half (1/2) of the time provided by the FMLA."

Dude....

Working the "customer counter" @ Local 89.... has fried your brain.

Ps .
This about the 3rd time you have tried to out me as to where I work at on here. Its getting a little old. Go find a new hobby you prick

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not been with the company for a year so sadly don't qualify. They told me they'll give me a week off unpaid when the baby comes in June.

Since they are offering, here is what the contract says you need to do:

"Article 16
Section 2.
Any employee desiring leave of absence from employment shall secure written permission from both the Union and the Employer. The request for leave of absence shall be made in writing at least thirty (30) days before the day on which the leave is sought to com- mence. If the leave is not foreseeable, the employee shall submit the written request as soon as possible and shall include an expla- nation why the leave was not foreseeable. The Employer and Union shall respond to the request in writing within ten (10) days after receiving the request. The maximum leave of absence shall be for ninety (90) days and may be extended for like periods. Permission for same must be secured from both the Union and the Employer."

As for the work schedule issue the master says:

"Article 22.4 (b)

Paragraph 5.

All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) con- secutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as sched- uled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a fve (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject."

Western Supplement

"Article 20

Section 2

Paragraph (c)

Start times shall be posted on the prior Friday of the week for which the starting times shall be effective. Employees who are ordered to report for work prior to said scheduled starting times shall receive time and one-half (1 ½) for all hours worked prior to their regular starting time. Employees who are ordered to report for work later than their scheduled starting time shall receive time and one-half (1 ½) for the number of hours equal to the number of hours called into work after their scheduled start time."

Other scheduling issues should be addressed by your rider.

ManInBrown

Yeah but how is he supposed to know any of that?? They throw a 30$ an hour gig with bennies in his face with a wife and kid on the way...he’s probably just thrilled to have the job and (rightfully) wouldn’t even think of trying to “rock the boat” at this point
Exactly. And I’m not blaming him at all. But his steward is clearly useless. Here is how the conversation should have went with management.

hey Johnny we might need you in on Monday so be ready to answer our call. Nope sorry, I don’t take instructions from my job on my day off. My day off, is to do what I want to do. Not to answer your call to come into work.

hey Johnny we need you to call in on Monday at 7am to see if your service are needed. Nope sorry. I’m not waking up early on my day off to see if you need me to come into work. It’s MY DAY OFF. That would have ended it. Now would Johnny have had a target on his back for a little while if he responded like this. Probably, but man up. That’s all this company is. It’s moving targets.

all these posters talking about force from bottom up, BS. That applies when they are needing staffing for a particular day, well in advance of that day. That does not apply when Johnny is in bed sound asleep on Monday morning.

542thruNthru

Exactly. And I’m not blaming him at all. But his steward is clearly useless. Here is how the conversation should have went with management.

hey Johnny we might need you in on Monday so be ready to answer our call. Nope sorry, I don’t take instructions from my job on my day off. My day off, is to do what I want to do. Not to answer your call to come into work.

hey Johnny we need you to call in on Monday at 7am to see if your service are needed. Nope sorry. I’m not waking up early on my day off to see if you need me to come into work. It’s MY DAY OFF. That would have ended it. Now would Johnny have had a target on his back for a little while if he responded like this. Probably, but man up. That’s all this company is. It’s moving targets.

all these posters talking about force from bottom up, BS. That applies when they are needing staffing for a particular day, well in advance of that day. That does not apply when Johnny is in bed sound asleep on Monday morning.

Some riders have call in language. Also what is well in advance of the day? There is no 24hr notice.

ManInBrown

Some riders have call in language. Also what is well in advance of the day? There is no 24hr notice.
Well in advance of the day is not the morning you are needed. That’s Monday morning hey we need 20 drivers for Saturday. Call in language. Lolol. Oops phone broke. They are taking advantage of this driver because he doesn’t know any better and is happy to have the job.

Hey Johnny wake up at 7am Monday morning and call in. We might need you. GTFOH. Lololololololololol.

542thruNthru

Well in advance of the day is not the morning you are needed. That’s Monday morning hey we need 20 drivers for Saturday. Call in language. Lolol. Oops phone broke. They are taking advantage of this driver because he doesn’t know any better and is happy to have the job.

Hey Johnny wake up at 7am Monday morning and call in. We might need you. GTFOH. Lololololololololol.

He's a T-S driver. They can tell him on Saturday that he is needed for Monday.

If his rider says that they can be told to call in to see if need m. Then saying "oops phone broke" might work once but next time progressive discipline will begin.

Being a tough guy is easy over the internet but he's a new driver starting a family. Until we know what his rider says giving him that advice is dangerous.

ManInBrown

He's a T-S driver. They can tell him on Saturday that he is needed for Monday.

If his rider says that they can be told to call in to see if need m. Then saying "oops phone broke" might work once but next time progressive discipline will begin.

Being a tough guy is easy over the internet but he's a new driver starting a family. Until we know what his rider says giving him that advice is dangerous.
Tough guy over the internet. Lolol. My 75-100 9.5 and harassment grievance checks upstairs in a shoebox tell a different story. If this kid continues to play a mark, then that’s exactly what he will be his entire career.

I don’t care what the language says, if they get him on a Saturday that’s one thing. But to think he has some responsibility to phone in on his day off, or answer his phone on his day off is laughable.

eH42gEm1LDaIYlpZsc.gif