T-S but on call for Mondays?

542thruNthru

Tough guy over the internet. Lolol. My 75-100 9.5 and harassment grievance checks upstairs in a shoebox tell a different story. If this kid continues to play a mark, then that’s exactly what he will be his entire career.

I don’t care what the language says, if they get him on a Saturday that’s one thing. But to think he has some responsibility to phone in on his day off, or answer his phone on his day off is laughable.

Ok... so you care about what the language says when it comes to your 75-100 9.5 and harrassment grievances but not what it says if he has to be on call.

Got it, thanks

ManInBrown

Ok... so you care about what the language says when it comes to your 75-100 9.5 and harrassment grievances but not what it says if he has to be on call.

Got it, thanks
Did he say they were getting him on a Saturday, or did he say they were calling him or instructing him to call in? He’s a sucker if he does either.

542thruNthru

Did he say they were getting him on a Saturday, or did he say they were calling him or instructing him to call in? He’s a sucker if he does either.

I believe he said they called him in the beginning. Now he's being instructed to call in.

I'm waiting for @PackageBoy17 to tell us what rider or JC he is under so that we can look at his language.

If he's under mine (southwest package) then no they can not instruct him to call in. Also he would be entitled to double time working Monday and should file a grievance for all the money he is owed. Also that Cover Drivers should be working Mondays before he is forced.

I'm sure you're probably correct but before we give him advice to tell his management team to shove it. We should get all the information first.

trickpony1

The OP needs to be REAL careful about taking "unpaid" time off...especially when the wife and new baby are running up medical bills.

Will you and your family have health insurance during this "unpaid" time off?

542thruNthru

The OP needs to be REAL careful about taking "unpaid" time off...especially when the wife and new baby are running up medical bills.

Will you and your family have health insurance during this "unpaid" time off?

He should be ok. It's in Article 16.4
So he'll be coded as approved time off and should retain his benefits.
Screenshot_20200120-103411_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He doesn't qualify
He needs to know when his year is up.

That is when I’d take my time. He has up to a year after the child is born to take the time.

But other than that he just needs to make sure he has one punch the week of the birth.

Worst case scenario he can pay for cobra coverage which would be much cheaper than the medical bills.

Wife and I just got a $550 check back for overpayment of our second.

542thruNthru

What’s the provisions in section 6?

1 week? Lmao I thought unions were supposed to be leaders in these types of situations.

I brought up during contract proposals I believe this company should have some sort of paid maternity leave.

Too many boomers though like to thump their chest how they didn't take time off for their kid or had birth right on the package car floor. :)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I brought up during contract proposals I believe this company should have some sort of paid maternity leave.

Too many boomers though like to thump their chest how they didn't take time off for their kid or had birth right on the package car floor. :)
It’s gonna be a federal law before too long.

This is just normally a situation you see unions lead on. Which I guess they do it’s just that it’s public unions not private.

542thruNthru

So he wouldn’t meet the requirements since he hasn’t been here a year?

That’s pretty funny honestly. Putting language in the “guarantees” you one week off work for paternity leave. Provided you meet the federal requirements that guarantee you 12 weeks off.

No you read it wrong. If you don't meet the requirements you can still have 1 week off.