Take a peek at the new Contract before retiring?

I’ll try to get back this thread back on topic.

I believe any pension increase is decided by the pension board and is based on the financial strength of the individual pension. CS might be different because UPS took over the pension for UPS employees.

Bottom line, the amount paid into the pension is in the contract, not how much they can afford to pay out.

As far as when you decide to retire, that is completely a personal decision. You have more money by staying longer, but less stress mentally and physically when you retire. It is nice to still be young enough to enjoy the free time.

Just sharing an opinion, not trying to criticize or anything.
He's in Texas, so however it works out between the CS and the UPS defined pension. I know the defined pension caps at like $4,200 or $4,300 or something at like 35 or 40 years, but I haven't looked at it in a while. No idea how the CS mixes in with that.

Johney

He's in Texas, so however it works out between the CS and the UPS defined pension. I know the defined pension caps at like $4,200 or $4,300 or something at like 35 or 40 years, but I haven't looked at it in a while. No idea how the CS mixes in with that.
$4300 for 35 or more years of service. All paid out by UPS until the age of 65 then half is paid out by CS. That was the big scare as a ton of people when they hit 65 they would have lost half their money if CS hadn't gotten the bailout.

quad decade guy

Yep I haven’t had one guy or gal who I have worked with that retired call me and say “ boy I sure wish I would’ve stayed at UPS longer“.
Any bump in pension will be minimal, and probably not worth waiting for if you can go now.
Maybe. I do know we went from $3500 to $4300 at one time...

Interestingly, we have lot's of second career types here. Many second go-round 30 year types.

BTW, I'm not waiting necessarily......but earning. And taking advantage of the insurance.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Maybe. I do know we went from $3500 to $4300 at one time...

Interestingly, we have lot's of second career types here. Many second go-round 30 year types.

BTW, I'm not waiting necessarily......but earning. And taking advantage of the insurance.
96D3F979-D8DD-42E4-8193-EFB35AA2046B.gif