Take a peek at the new Contract before retiring?

quad decade guy

A personal introduction is not necessary to recognize and observe you flailing your ignorance all over this website.

Always the victim. Pretty liberal tone for a guy so adamant about his conservative standards.

Weak.
Again. Declarative statements of which you do not know.

I would like to talk about UPS. Not this tripe. But on we go.

Again you don't know me. You don't have to be liberal to point out hate and sorriness. It's all here.

Re-Raise

It would be nice to enjoy a bonus or some other incentive. Even a retirement increase. I do want to qualify for the next years vacations. I haven't decided to be off for 6 weeks and make it official or just take the money. I still won't be 62 but I'm ready.

I'm still concerned about the whole CS thing....
I’ll try to get back this thread back on topic.

I believe any pension increase is decided by the pension board and is based on the financial strength of the individual pension. CS might be different because UPS took over the pension for UPS employees.

Bottom line, the amount paid into the pension is in the contract, not how much they can afford to pay out.

As far as when you decide to retire, that is completely a personal decision. You have more money by staying longer, but less stress mentally and physically when you retire. It is nice to still be young enough to enjoy the free time.

Just sharing an opinion, not trying to criticize or anything.

Thebrownblob

I’ll try to get back this thread back on topic.

I believe any pension increase is decided by the pension board and is based on the financial strength of the individual pension. CS might be different because UPS took over the pension for UPS employees.

Bottom line, the amount paid into the pension is in the contract, not how much they can afford to pay out.

As far as when you decide to retire, that is completely a personal decision. You have more money by staying longer, but less stress mentally and physically when you retire. It is nice to still be young enough to enjoy the free time.

Just sharing an opinion, not trying to criticize or anything.
Yep I haven’t had one guy or gal who I have worked with that retired call me and say “ boy I sure wish I would’ve stayed at UPS longer“.
Any bump in pension will be minimal, and probably not worth waiting for if you can go now.

Re-Raise

Yep I haven’t had one guy or gal who I have worked with that retired call me and say “ boy I sure wish I would’ve stayed at UPS longer“.
Any bump in pension will be minimal, and probably not worth waiting for if you can go now.
I understand the hesitancy though. I was a little freaked out after going to the same job for 35 yrs.

We are lucky enough to be okay financially. We were just trading some extra numbers in an account for the luxury of sleeping in any day we want and the ability to go and do anything we feel like doing.

It’s been a year and I am glad we did it. We don’t need more toys and everyone has an expiration date.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I understand the hesitancy though. I was a little freaked out after going to the same job for 35 yrs.

We are lucky enough to be okay financially. We were just trading some extra numbers in an account for the luxury of sleeping in any day we want and the ability to go and do anything we feel like doing.

It’s been a year and I am glad we did it. We don’t need more toys and everyone has an expiration date.
I was about to post the exact sentiments. For 35 years I traded my Time for Money and last year decided to trade Money for Time and that was the absolute best decision i ever made. I am Happier, healthier, I eat better, i have lost weight and I smile and laugh more every day. My wife has told me several times she wishes she had this current version of me over the years.

I could have worked a few more years,made more moneybut I wouldn;t trade that for the life I have now. To quote BB King: I Live the Life i Love and i Love the Life I Live!!