Take Charge!

New Englander

.15 cents per parcel? not bad considering you're being paid extra for doing your job?

Our job is to sell UPS's services just like it's BD's job to deliver packages.

Unless your one of the lucky drivers who gets a big start up company opening up OR gets an account won back from FedEx - The Take Charge payouts are a joke.

.15 cents per parcel? not bad considering you're being paid extra for doing your job?
With all that has been said in this thread and that's all you can come up with? Come on Tie, why not address the concerns of the people being harassed to get more volume while they are being poked in the butt by crappy allowances?
If every driver secured one new pick up account that ships out a few packages per week the driver would get one more pickup to try to get done by closing time and maybe a few extra bucks in his pocket for 90 days.
More jobs? Blow that smoke up someone else's pant leg.
I run about an hour over allowed everyday because IE says the job has gotten easier, but it has not. I don't have time to look for leads and I sure don't have time to stop and talk to anyone about possible new accounts. Every minute I spend conversing with a potential pickup account, I am that many minutes more over 9.5.

shuffled

Well said. The company has gotten so complex with technology, which is a good thing, if used properly. The problem with PAS is area knowledge is no longer used by the center management team. Not to say they don't have it, but the have the IE department relooping areas using google maps. That doesn't have back door deliveries, corner stops, etc. The reloop team is generally college kids who never drove. They think they are doing the right things, based on the direction given. What they really need is the input of the drivers and on road sups to get it straight. Next day air and businesses sometimes throw a wrench in the works. Both are priorities for drivers and the driver is the one who makes the on road decision as to what is the right thing to do to service the customer. As far as the large customers, that is an ego trip for the B/D folks. You're right about the small business whose goals I would think would be to grow.

True the IE people need the input of drivers and on-road sups. I was on the team to put PAS in some centers and one of the most successful centers was one where the center management team got the input of the drivers. Was I had to work on the center manager to allow the drivers a day in the office in order to loop that area. I had to show him the results from one enter where they did not get the input of the drivers.

Like most things with PAS if the drivers and the PAS team work together, it may not be perfectly smooth but it is a lot easier than not having the input of those drivers.

Overpaid Union Thug

We are being told that sales leads are "part of the methods" and that we are required to turn in one every week. I don't think many drivers, if any, have submitted any. I questioned one of our daily pickups last Thursday about some RPS packages and was told that they only keep an account open with them in case we ever go on strike again.

john346

No more Brown!
I won't even mess with the sales leads anymore. My area is rural, outbound packages I pick up, stay in the back of my car until I meet my load the next day. I give them to him & they ride with him all day, and then after he has finished his route, they arrive at the center, most times too late to get out until the next day. Every time a different sup hits me up about getting sales leads out, I remind him of this process, and ask what they are willing to do to make it work better. I've slipped from 5 pickup accounts to 1 that is hanging by a thread as most weeks I'll only pick up 4 or 5 packages. Then I also pick up about 15 ars packages as well. The post office is eating our lunch out here, but no one is willing to fix the problem, and then I get hit up to sell a crappy product. Oh yeah, It's UPS we are talking about, what was I thinking? It has to be me that is hurting their numbers. :whiteflag:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
here's a new kick off campaign idea!!!!! get the Bd reps off the golf course and {on assignment with the united way] and actually make those fat ass's do their jobs....like going on a 10 job with the regular driver who can put them in contact with any one from the shipper to the ceo of most places!!!!

rock21

hi i just started working for ups but didnt get my number yet to go on to upsers website can anyone tell me the discounts at best buy or apple or basically anywhere i can buy and apple laptop thanks :funny:

drewed

Shankman
hi i just started working for ups but didnt get my number yet to go on to upsers website can anyone tell me the discounts at best buy or apple or basically anywhere i can buy and apple laptop thanks :funny:

umm the easy answer is no and no and umm no again....apple doesnt participate in our discount program neither does any retail outlet for them

QKRSTKR

I will turn one in if it presents its self. I also will not hesitate one minute to turn in a 9.5 greivance. I don't remember the last time I worked over 9.5. Even though it's been so long, if they worked me 3 days next week over I wouldn't hesitate. 3 day ride, my response is sattle up cowboy.

My last lead was my wife's company. In a matter of a month we lost 1 package and delivered a bunch late. Last straw for them was 4:30 pm del. on a 10:30 committ which were payroll checks friday before Mem. day.

Let's get the business and piss it right away. Ya hoo!:sick: