Taking Oversize to another level

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"In-home delivery typically takes longer and is more physically demanding, and UPS would have to commit to spending more time at each residence to provide this service."

Never happen.
More physically demanding. lol considering most furniture delivery guys look like feeder drivers.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Should be freight though. No way should they be allowed to outsource this work.

i would sure hope its at least teamster work. a smaller delivery network system with liftgate trucks delivering furniture, appliances and many other bulk items that are in our system now. all run under the UPS brand with teamsters. could that be made profitable?

rod

Retired 22 years
What was the average weight and size of a package 30 years ago vs. now??? But the time to deliver those parcels have been shrinking...
I think I remember back in the 80’s them telling us the average weight was like 18 pounds. Have I told you lately how tough we had it back then.

We can't handle the crap we have now. Are they going to put a crane on the back of my package car?

D12F1367-0D69-44B1-8F61-A87865BBC2EC.jpeg

Have a couple of these to follow you around.

Daf

The article says the UPS is trying to get a freight line to handle this work, not package. If it happens, I hope to not see recliners and other furniture on my package car.
Funny thing is they own a freight company. It’s called Ups freight. They haven’t thought of that yet tho.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I’ve actually gotten a washing machine on my truck, it was from Amazon, 150lbs and huge, for a 3rd floor apartment. Dr’d it in the first floor lobby.
I loaded a wood chipper today @ 148 pounds, hand to surface please when you launch that thing out the back door onto the driveway ;)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If they want to pay two Teamsters to deliver from a 24 footer, I'm good with that.

Huge chairs, tables, etc, in a package car, no way.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’ve actually gotten a washing machine on my truck, it was from Amazon, 150lbs and huge, for a 3rd floor apartment. Dr’d it in the first floor lobby.
How did it get into the lobby? We don't move it without help.

I loaded a wood chipper today @ 148 pounds, hand to surface please when you launch that thing out the back door onto the driveway ;)
Last day I worked, a couple weeks ago. I had to deliver 2-150lb swimming pool boxes. And 2-130lb trampoline boxes first.