Taking Oversize to another level

sikidiki

Kinda like the 175 pound whatever i had to deliver today that was in a heavy duty plastic box with wheels, err a wheel, the other was broken. Cant believe they threw that on there.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
IE showed them on paper, it would work. They think everything is a letter.

Everything has gotten bigger and heavier and the same people are getting

multiple shipments everyday.
And they are holding those shipments to deliver on a single day. Monster truck tires. Patio furniture sets. Bumpers for vehicles. 150 lb wooden crates.King size bed frames .. I have delivered all of these this week...

keeb86

The article says that UPS is trying to get a freight line to handle this work, not package. If it happens, I hope to not see recliners and other furniture on my package car.

It will prob just be the washing machines. You’re still stuck with the furniture and grills :/

worldwide

UPS is actually trying to get these huge packages out of the small package network. The new fee for shipments over the max size limit is $650! UPS is really trying to encourage customers to look at UPS Freight for items over 150 lbs and over the max size limit instead of trying to sneak them into the system. If/when they are found, the penalty is $650/package. Perhaps there will also be a new service coming out soon that will also focus on these large/heavy objects going to residences (as the article alludes to).

“They are making it clear to customers that ‘we don’t want this oversized volume, and if you are going to ship it with us we are going to charge you an arm and a leg,’”

UPS hits customers with new fees for oversized packages

AlliSeeisBrown

Had a small package no bigger than a CPU come down the hardware belt last nght. Label said 100lbs. I struggled so hard with it. Put it on a scale and it was 292lbs.
Businesses don't understand or care that yes, they're stealing but also putting someone at serious risk for injury. I've learned to not trust weights on labels.

worldwide

This is going to be the new "damaged/missed". I'm sure it will be a hot metric. "zero oversize penalties please today, perfect service monday"

I suspect there will be more focus and attention on these packages that are overmax/oversize. At $650 per package for the penalty, it's kind of hard to pass up. A few of these surcharges and the shippers who knowingly (or unknowingly) break the rules, will change their shipping behavior quickly. If UPS rolls out a home delivery solution for these large overmax/oversize packages in the near future, it could work out well for customers and UPS. UPS and FedEx simply don't want these packages in the small package system. The systems and buildings were not designed to handle these but more importantly, they are a danger to anyone handling them. Let UPS Freight or an alternative delivery network handle these packages.

Dr.Brownz

I suspect there will be more focus and attention on these packages that are overmax/oversize. At $650 per package for the penalty, it's kind of hard to pass up. A few of these surcharges and the shippers who knowingly (or unknowingly) break the rules, will change their shipping behavior quickly. If UPS rolls out a home delivery solution for these large overmax/oversize packages in the near future, it could work out well for customers and UPS. UPS and FedEx simply don't want these packages in the small package system. The systems and buildings were not designed to handle these but more importantly, they are a danger to anyone handling them. Let UPS Freight or an alternative delivery network handle these packages.

UPS will find a way to :censored2: it up. They will count every penalty as lost revenue against the center since it didnt get delivered

Last edited by a moderator:

Johney

$650? I heard $150 as it's $50 now.

clean hairy

How do they even get into the system?
I doubt Turd would allow a full size fridge to be shipped.
And, I highly doubt a driver would put one on the truck with the business stops.
So, just how DO they get into the system?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How do they even get into the system?
I doubt Turd would allow a full size fridge to be shipped.
And, I highly doubt a driver would put one on the truck with the business stops.
So, just how DO they get into the system?

Had a guy pickup a full sized refrigerator no box on a call tag

Sat in the building all summer finally got a fork lift and put it in the dumpster