Tattoo Discrimination

willis

the whole thing is silly, been at UPS for 15 years and had a tattoo the whole time. all of a sudden it's a problem now i have to wear a under armor sleeve, which i take off about ten minutes into my day. not really a big deal i wear long sleeves 8 months out of the year anyway just think its silly, specially since there is a new hire with a neck tat who dose'nt cover his, he also has a tear drop under his eye smh. told my union rep and he said don't throw other drivers under the bus, gtfoh how about you earn your money and fight this tattoo bull:censored2:.

JaredUV69

Personally, I believe it is discrimination. It's a violation of our basic civil right, the freedom of speech. I also believe it is a discrimination of ethnicity, since my tattoos are of my ethnic origin.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Personally, I believe it is discrimination. It's a violation of our basic civil right, the freedom of speech. I also believe it is a discrimination of ethnicity, since my tattoos are of my ethnic origin.

freedom of speech
noun
the right of people to express their opinions publicly without governmental interference, subject to the laws against libel, incitement to violence or rebellion, etc.

Hep007

I have tats on both my forearms. I custom order brown compression sleeves with no markings that i wear all day driving and no one has ever said anything to me from management. Just got a FT bid with no problems. I dont see why covering them like this with gloves also would be a problem. Continue to bid and file grievances. Also no customers know i have tats unless they ask about my compression sleeves, to which i explain the company policy.

Skooney

Good luck selling that.

Your tattoo's are your choice. Your ethnic background didn't choose you to have tattoo's, you did.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You would be able to sue the government if they tried to force you to remove them. The issue here is this, nobody is forcing you to work at UPS, and their appearance guidelines are well known and displayed in all hubs (somewhere).

If I tatood ":censored2:" on my forehead, UPS could kick me out tomorrow, be smart about this stuff.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The censored part says a-hole

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
OP I got nothing about a few decent tattoos but why the hell would you do that to your self ?? Its like your crying out for attention !! "look at me" ,Im a tuff guy or a rebel or my parents don't love or understand me ?? Im not picking on you per say ,but I think this when I see any one covered like this !! how much money have you got put on there ???

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
you might be the nicest guy in the world kid ,, but those hands knock on my door,looking for my daughter,,door gets slammed and no date for you !!! just sayin what others are thinkin !!! sorry , but hell im honest !! good luck with your fight !!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
you might be the nicest guy in the world kid ,, but those hands knock on my door,looking for my daughter,,door gets slammed and no date for you !!! just sayin what others are thinkin !!! sorry , but hell im honest !! good luck with your fight !!
I see plenty cases of that where the money would be far better spent getting those snaggly rotten teeth fixed.

muthatrucka

Kids should just tat "Don't Hire Me" across their neck or "unemployed" across their knuckles
I'm not sure ups has that option anymore. The turnover rate is through the roof. These part time jobs aren't what the once were. Not that they were ever that great.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Heinrich

This policy is bull:censored2:. I am sorry to see so many people speak so negatively. It speaks to the employees inability to have their own thoughts.
In my building, A lot of drivers are violating the dress code on a daily basis, whether it be long hair, facial hair, or tattoos. No one seems to really care. Still, it URKS me each time I read one of these policies. Who cares if I(we) have tattoos... further more why is everyone judging so harshly? We are not judging you.

UPS is OVER-glorifying these jobs. IDGAF who delivers my packages as long as they are received.
UPS prides themselves on being a military type company... so why are the military policies LESS strict? http://www.armytimes.com/story/mili...attoo-policy-changes-sma-dan-dailey/70791276/

Tattoos are no longer limited to numbers, or size. Accordingly, it is 2015, and nearly 40% or young adults have at least one tattoo. UPS needs to change with the times, instead of having these dated policies.

WOW, we deal with customers... oh man, what a privilege... When will someone realize this is a non-issue. Most of the customers are lower middle class anyway.

Shouldn't being capable of doing your job be paramount?
The fair days work, often does not feel fair. It is always something.

I am an AIR driver, and have kept my tattoos a secret from day one. I have a bodysuit Sans hands, face, neck.

You people are too quick to drink the Kool Aid, and need to change with the times.
I have friends who are lawyers and doctors with tattoos.
It is all very silly if you ask me.

I like my job. I hate the policies.