Tattoo Discrimination

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Tattoos are no longer limited to numbers, or size. Accordingly, it is 2015, and nearly 40% or young adults have at least one tattoo. UPS needs to change with the times, instead of having these dated policies.

Shouldn't being capable of doing your job be paramount?
The fair days work, often does not feel fair. It is always something.

You people are too quick to drink the Kool Aid, and need to change with the times.
I have friends who are lawyers and doctors with tattoos.
It is all very silly if you ask me.

I like my job. I hate the policies.

This generation of "you need to change to accommodate ME" is getting really old. They say no VISIBLE tattoos, as it looks unprofessional. You can have a swastika on your forehead like Charles Manson, but if you cover it up they wouldn't care.

UPS' policies are what they are. Don't like it, go elsewhere, but saying UPS NEEDS to change to suit you is dumb

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Charles-Manson-2.jpg
Just my freedom of expression.8-)

Heinrich

This generation of "you need to change to accommodate ME" is getting really old. They say no VISIBLE tattoos, as it looks unprofessional. You can have a swastika on your forehead like Charles Manson, but if you cover it up they wouldn't care.

UPS' policies are what they are. Don't like it, go elsewhere, but saying UPS NEEDS to change to suit you is dumb
To immediately associate with Manson is just nonsensical.
You do not know my age, nor my generation. I am not saying they need to change for me, as I have changed for them. I am merely suggesting that they acknowledge the changing of times. It is not necessary to respond so harshly. It just makes you and everyone else sound like a bigots. I was just inserting a thought into the thread.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
To immediately associate with Manson is just nonsensical.
You do not know my age, nor my generation. I am not saying they need to change for me, as I have changed for them. I am merely suggesting that they acknowledge the changing of times. It is not necessary to respond so harshly. It just makes you and everyone else sound like a bigots. I was just inserting a thought into the thread.

I didn't call you Manson, kiddo. Try to keep up. Thanks

wayfair

swollen member
I am an AIR driver, and have kept my tattoos a secret from day one. I have a bodysuit Sans hands, face, neck.

You people are too quick to drink the Kool Aid, and need to change with the times.

go to med/law school

I bet you have some chinese writing... how about a koi?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This policy is bull:censored2:. I am sorry to see so many people speak so negatively. It speaks to the employees inability to have their own thoughts.
In my building, A lot of drivers are violating the dress code on a daily basis, whether it be long hair, facial hair, or tattoos. No one seems to really care. Still, it URKS me each time I read one of these policies. Who cares if I(we) have tattoos... further more why is everyone judging so harshly? We are not judging you.

UPS is OVER-glorifying these jobs. IDGAF who delivers my packages as long as they are received.
UPS prides themselves on being a military type company... so why are the military policies LESS strict? http://www.armytimes.com/story/mili...attoo-policy-changes-sma-dan-dailey/70791276/

Tattoos are no longer limited to numbers, or size. Accordingly, it is 2015, and nearly 40% or young adults have at least one tattoo. UPS needs to change with the times, instead of having these dated policies.

WOW, we deal with customers... oh man, what a privilege... When will someone realize this is a non-issue. Most of the customers are lower middle class anyway.

I am an AIR driver, and have kept my tattoos a secret from day one. I have a bodysuit Sans hands, face, neck.

OK

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It's really too bad tattoos are forced on people.

Oh wait.

You made the decision to express yourself. You are suffering the consequences.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This policy is bull:censored2:. I am sorry to see so many people speak so negatively. It speaks to the employees inability to have their own thoughts.
In my building, A lot of drivers are violating the dress code on a daily basis, whether it be long hair, facial hair, or tattoos. No one seems to really care. Still, it URKS me each time I read one of these policies. Who cares if I(we) have tattoos... further more why is everyone judging so harshly? We are not judging you.

UPS is OVER-glorifying these jobs. IDGAF who delivers my packages as long as they are received.
UPS prides themselves on being a military type company... so why are the military policies LESS strict? http://www.armytimes.com/story/mili...attoo-policy-changes-sma-dan-dailey/70791276/

WOW, we deal with customers... oh man, what a privilege... When will someone realize this is a non-issue. Most of the customers are lower middle class anyway.

If you ran the company, or had a business, would you want this thing delivering to you?

You may say this is a little overboard, but if you allow tattoos, what is the rule?

One, two, not on the face, well, what is it?

1428649268224.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

How about these being the next 4 going to integrad and then delivering to your business.

1428649567213.jpg
1428649591175.jpg
1428649609902.jpg
1428649623174.jpg