Tcd to 22.4

MrWon

NATIONAL MASTER UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT

Article 41 section 4 of the National Master Agreement (NMA)
Be a grown up and read it yourself.

I read it, but I still can't figure out the answer to my question. What happens when an exception air driver goes into a 22.4? I have already completed progression as an exception air driver and from time to time Ill run a route or fill in if someone gets hurt or injured and cant finish their ground route...at top pay. I haven't worked in the building in a few years now. If I take a 22.4 do I drop to back my inside rate to do the same work or do I stay at top air rate until 22.4 pay exceeds it?

Im just trying to see if it will be beneficial for me to switch. I can have a decent week driving air and delivering ground, but the hours are not guaranteed. Which rate would I be red circled at in this situation, and is article 41 the only one that addressees it? Thanks.

542thruNthru

I read it, but I still can't figure out the answer to my question. What happens when an exception air driver goes into a 22.4? I have already completed progression as an exception air driver and from time to time Ill run a route or fill in if someone gets hurt or injured and cant finish their ground route...at top pay. I haven't worked in the building in a few years now. If I take a 22.4 do I drop to back my inside rate to do the same work or do I stay at top air rate until 22.4 pay exceeds it?

Im just trying to see if it will be beneficial for me to switch. I can have a decent week driving air and delivering ground, but the hours are not guaranteed. Which rate would I be red circled at in this situation, and is article 41 the only one that addressees it? Thanks.

You'd be paid the starting progression rate or your inside rate. Which ever is higher.

Staydryitsraining

YOU ARE RED CIRCLED AT YOUR PAY. IF YOUR NOT YOU LIVE IN A BFE PART OF THE COUNTRY WHERE 15 AN HOUR IS MIDDLE CLASS. Also considering the complete lack of critical thinking skills 1+1=2

MrWon

You'd be paid the starting progression rate or your inside rate. Which ever is higher.

Wow that is nuts; same responsibility for less pay. I only asked because I thought I read in some vote yes propaganda that part time air drivers going into 22.4 would receive progression credit. Thanks.

542thruNthru

Wow that is nuts; same responsibility for less pay. I only asked because I thought I read in some vote yes propaganda that part time air drivers going into 22.4 would receive progression credit. Thanks.

I don't remember seeing that and I didn't see anything in the contract supporting that.

I could be wrong but I don't think so.

MrWon

YOU ARE RED CIRCLED AT YOUR PAY. IF YOUR NOT YOU LIVE IN A BFE PART OF THE COUNTRY WHERE 15 AN HOUR IS MIDDLE CLASS. Also considering the complete lack of critical thinking skills 1+1=2

IKR the nerve of me thinking a knowledgeable driver with 1000s of miles and on road experience would be paid the same rate to perform the same job duties.