TCD to HUB

Faceplanted

I worked seasonal last year, and my shoulders were fine. Put in 60 hours a week. Stuffing truc

This year I have seen ads for folks with their own vehicles to deliver. I don't think the Union will be happy about that.
So far ups doesn't care what the union said... they're hiring people to be pvd drivers

This guys will literally be taking food off your table to the effect of $600-700 a week

Ironhawk

So far ups doesn't care what the union said... they're hiring people to be pvd drivers

This guys will literally be taking food off your table to the effect of $600-700 a week
That is not good to hear! That makes me less inclined to work at the hub. I have told them from day one, that I am here to be a driver, not a loader. I want to consider my loading and hub days gone with the wind. I guess I will play it by ear. Hopefully, it will work out. Looking to deliver packages, not load trucks like a 19 year old. No offense! Been there done it as a 19 year old, and again as a 40 plus year old.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That is not good to hear! That makes me less inclined to work at the hub. I have told them from day one, that I am here to be a driver, not a loader. I want to consider my loading and hub days gone with the wind. I guess I will play it by ear. Hopefully, it will work out. Looking to deliver packages, not load trucks like a 19 year old. No offense! Been there done it as a 19 year old, and again as a 40 plus year old.
40 is the new 20.
upload_2017-10-16_20-17-20.jpeg

Ironhawk

What is Amway? If that is a biz, then no.
I thought only Millenials talk like this, @Wally !
Ouch, not near a Millennial. I am just simply wanting to do what I am capable of doing for a decent pay. Nothing more or less. No need for me to screw my shoulders up loading for $10 an hour, so I am miserable to do what I want to do, not to mention, what will serve the company better.

Ironhawk

I missed that sense of entitlement Ox. Good catch.
I was an off the street seasonal last year, and did a great job. Then got kicked to loading. No entitlement. Just sucks going backwards instead of forwards! Busted my butt doing a good job, then they take a great driver and stick them back to loading, not to mention sent to take driving test again.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was an off the street seasonal last year, and did a great job. Then got kicked to loading. No entitlement. Just sucks going backwards instead of forwards! Busted my butt doing a good job, then they take a great driver and stick them back to loading, not to mention sent to take driving test again.
That's how it is. I bet they are holding you back!

Ironhawk

Didn't we all when we were climbing that union seniority ladder.
I agree, but what I am concerned about is protecting both my body and wallet, while I climb that ladder. Loading is breaking my body, and wallet. I will be a dedicated TCD and full time driver, but do not want to load, unload, or whatever else in hub.

Box Ox

At my center you can expect to be with UPS for about 8 years to go from permanent PT hire to top rate. Under the current contract. Some places are longer. Might want to check your expectations.

Loading is breaking my body, and wallet.

It's sad, but not uncommon to see.

Ironhawk

Well, I have already loaded a 53 foot for 7 months, before that I was off the street driving over an hour and a half to first stop, and the same back for several months before having to load trucks. Nearly 60 hours a week all peak. Was a good driver! Took the pay cut and ass kicking, to do it again. However, I am sick of the hub and don't want to get fired for not going to hub. I want to be in tip top shape to drive, not hurting shoulders or wallet.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
D8FBF13A-7055-44B3-95EA-9BC1D3769B5F.gif
Well, I have already loaded a 53 foot for 7 months, before that I was off the street driving over an hour and a half to first stop, and the same back for several months before having to load trucks. Nearly 60 hours a week all peak. Was a good driver! Took the pay cut and ass kicking, to do it again. However, I am sick of the hub and don't want to get fired for not going to hub. I want to be in tip top shape to drive, not hurting shoulders or wallet.

Box Ox

Well, I have already loaded a 53 foot for 7 months, before that I was off the street driving over an hour and a half to first stop, and the same back for several months before having to load trucks. Nearly 60 hours a week all peak. Was a good driver! Took the pay cut and ass kicking, to do it again. However, I am sick of the hub and don't want to get fired for not going to hub. I want to be in tip top shape to drive, not hurting shoulders.

Wants don't matter at UPS.

Ironhawk

At my center you can expect to be with UPS for about 8 years to go from permanent PT hire to top rate. Under the current contract. Some places are longer. Might want to check your expectations.

It's sad, but not uncommon to see.
What part of country are you in?