TDU wins Local 251!

C

chuchu

TDU didn't win anything. Get your mind right. Complacency just lost. The new slate better put their money where their mouth is or they will ruin it for a long time to come.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TDU didn't win anything. Get your mind right. Complacency just lost. The new slate better put their money where their mouth is or they will ruin it for a long time to come.

Sounds like a fresh bunch of sour grapes.. !
Sour-Grapes-Central.jpg

542thruNthru

I know nothing about local 251. But if change was needed in the eyes of the members then good for them. Everyone always says on here (including you 407) "YOU are the union" well I guess they just proved you all right. Good luck to them all and there members. I hope it was a large voter turn out and things get better for the members. Some on here need to remember its not a compitition we all want the best for are union. Stink believes in his group and stands by them same as hoffasux and TOS. I believe that either way if your local is strong and the members are happy. Stink and 407 will be just as happy for you old guard or not running it. But hey that's just me.

C

chuchu

TOS, what I'm trying to convey is that TDU may have supported that slate but TDU didn't win it...the members voted them in because they'd rather have less experience than old complacency. I see the Teamsters status quo is changing because people are fed up paying for representation they don't get. I understand, but the new folks better not fall into the same rut in time or people will give up trying to make changes in the future. A lot of us are very fed up with paying dues to arogant people who work against us.
Not every local is unhappy with their representation but many have a legitimate beef no doubt.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Is it really a tdu victory? Or,just the losing crowd making an excuse for their loss?

One of the guys on the 251 UA slate along with their campaign manager have been heavily involved in TDU in the past (see: TDU on the Move | Teamsters for a Democratic Union). Ultimately, the negative sentiment against the national UPS contract -- along with local issues involving the Rhode Island Hospital -- seem to have swung the votes in their favor.

I'm not out of 251, but just seeing some of the stuff posted online and the handbills UA was passing out leads me to believe this was a very negative and nasty race. We had a similar issue in our local (not involving TDU, but a "new" slate took out the incumbents and the race got incredibly nasty) and the divisions are still there years later; hopefully they can move on and get some things done for the members that voted them in.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I think it was said best by the late Paul Brown in regards to excessive celebration after a touchdown, ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I know nothing about Local 251, but anytime a new faction gets elected, I say, hats off to them. Not because they are a TDU sect, or a reform party, but because they rolled up their sleeves, got some boots on the ground and got results. That's just good union business, IMO.

Having said that, we are all Teamsters, no matter who you support. Leave the bragging, jiving and touchdown dances to the guys who play on Sundays. It was a victory, yes. But you don't have a number on your chest, and there ain't no groupies waiting on you. You represent fellow Teamsters. Pat yourselves on the back, and then get to work.

That's why you guys got elected, right? So drop your ego, saddle up your pride and get to work.

Have your wife stroke your...ego. The members want strong Teamsters at the helm.

Don't you ever forget that.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Couldn't have said it better myself. I know nothing about Local 251, but anytime a new faction gets elected, I say, hats off to them. Not because they are a TDU sect, or a reform party, but because they rolled up their sleeves, got some boots on the ground and got results. That's just good union business, IMO.

Having said that, we are all Teamsters, no matter who you support. Leave the bragging, jiving and touchdown dances to the guys who play on Sundays. It was a victory, yes. But you don't have a number on your chest, and there ain't no groupies waiting on you. You represent fellow Teamsters. Pat yourselves on the back, and then get to work.

That's why you guys got elected, right? So drop your ego, saddle up your pride and get to work.

Have your wife stroke your...ego. The members want strong Teamsters at the helm.

Don't you ever forget that.

Amen! Now other locals need to do the same thing. Not just tdu. We are sick of all the lies and give backs. From both sides

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Does anyone know if Stink 219 jumped off a bridge? He's M.I.A. I heard he was heard saying he wanted to punch Sean O'Brien in the face for causing B the election. Haha!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Does anyone know if Stink 219 jumped off a bridge? He's M.I.A. I heard he was heard saying he wanted to punch Sean O in the face for causing B the election. Haha!

Does anyone know if Hoffa Sux could have any less class? You're not even out of L 251 and yet you're talking the most **** out of anybody on this board.

Does anyone know if Hoffa Sux could have any less class? You're not even out of L 251 and yet you're talking the most **** out of anybody on this board.
Good point. You have so much class for someone your age. I'd rather focus on this. I'm proud of you very much. Your clout on this site goes a long way and when you denounce this guy it puts shame on him that other on here see.

Inthegame

Good point. You have so much class for someone your age. I'd rather focus on this. I'm proud of you very much. Your clout on this site goes a long way and when you denounce this guy it puts shame on him that other on here see.
Here here! Tried to like and rep Piedmont and you. This guy needs to move up in his local, he gets it. Hell forget the local...Piedmont for GP 2016!!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

The members spoke in L 251 and they wanted a change for better or for worse. There's nothing wrong with pointing that out or talking about it. However, there's plenty wrong with kicking a man when he's down. Stink's a good guy and he's a steward, which is one of the most thankless jobs out there -- he's only guilty of being loyal. Someone that tries to kick a man when he's down is nothing more than a ****ing jackal and deserves scorn -- I don't care what side of the fence he's on.