Teamcare does NOT cover flu shot anymore!!!

born2Bwild

the board of trustee made the decision for us that the flu shot is not effective and therefore is not covered. is it not the whole union ideology against the employer or the insurance company interfering with what doctor think is best treatment for us?. here we find the insurance is doing the very same that was against. human resource think that flu shot should be covered. what if you fell sick with the virus in December? better yet what if an infected person came to work and infected 10 others? we as a drivers we interact with our customer all day i supposed we could wear a mask all day every day? ineffective...? not for me.. and my doctor believe is beneficial too.
it is my understanding that the company gave the union a lump sum of money to cover the insurance cost and the union in an effort to trim cost or even pocket some of the money are trimming coverage!
so this is what teamcare is all about. enjoy

Dude they are like 15 bucks at cvs and a million other places. They came to work this year and we could get them for ten bucks. I never get them but for the price of a twelve pack you can get that shot.

SHAIV

Just call in with the flu for a week or so next winter. Have everyone do this around the same time of year. Say if the manager deemed it not effective then you are going to support his decision and not get it. If enough people miss work for having the flu maybe they will change it

upschuck

Just call in with the flu for a week or so next winter. Have everyone do this around the same time of year. Say if the manager deemed it not effective then you are going to support his decision and not get it. If enough people miss work for having the flu maybe they will change it
Makes a lot of sense for those who don't have paid sick days. Lose $300+/day instead of $25 for the shot. Good plan

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If you meet the requirements, with proper medical documentation....

Short-term disability covers any time off.

-Bug-

Chemo

It would be nice if it were covered. But is it really worth getting up in arms over? I've never had a flu shot. I've had the flu twice in my life.

Oak

Not a big fan of the flu shot.

Shingles vaccine is not covered either. Having had chicken pox as a child, I feel this is a different deal. Shingles is a very serious adult illness.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have never got a flu shot. I may have gotten it once. In my 20's. I do know our union hall does have flu shot days for members. We just don't think it is a necessary thing to get. I think half of it is media bs. Just to make people panic. Just like the weather men makes all the drama of a little snow. Everyone feels like they need to got to the store and shut themselves in for the 3" snow. Silly really

rod

Retired 22 years
Not a big fan of the flu shot.

Shingles vaccine is not covered either. Having had chicken pox as a child, I feel this is a different deal. Shingles is a very serious adult illness.

a flu shot is 10 or 15 bucks----a shingles shot was $600 when I got mine.

Johney

Yea that will work.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
New Press Release !!!!!!!!!

Teamcare won't cover your aspirin or cough syrup either.

You make 30+ an hour, if you want a flu shot, Get it. Bottom line, you shouldn't need health insurance for the little things. It's the big things that'll make you happy your insurance is there.

twoweeled

Makes a lot of sense for those who don't have paid sick days. Lose $300+/day instead of $25 for the shot. Good plan

Seems like the focus of "why isn't this covered anymore by out insurance" has been lost on some of us. Lose a few small things every year, and it'll be painless!

twoweeled

the fact that many of us mock and accept losing different coverage, explains why we're losing them! We've been cutting out own throats since I can remember.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Seems like the focus of "why isn't this covered anymore by out insurance" has been lost on some of us. Lose a few small things every year, and it'll be painless!
the fact that many of us mock and accept losing different coverage, explains why we're losing them! We've been cutting out own throats since I can remember.

You've lost focus as well.
The whole healthcare system is screwed. The costs have risen exponentially, not in the last decade, but just the last few years.
The amount that is being paid by UPS to cover healthcare costs can not keep up with the price increases.
Even the best health plans in the country are forcing more money out of the participant's pockets.

If it means I have to pay 12 bucks for a flu shot, SO BE IT.
At least I know that the big things that can bankrupt me are covered.