Teamcare does NOT cover flu shot anymore!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Bless me brothers and sisters for I have sinned.........I voted yes even campaigned for it .......now every time I speak to the BA I say "Hi- - -how are you doing by the way Teamcare sucks ! "........for these and all of the sins of my past life I am heart fully sorry.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Bless me brothers and sisters for I have sinned.........I voted yes even campaigned for it .......now every time I speak to the BA I say "Hi- - -how are you doing by the way Teamcare sucks ! "........for these and all of the sins of my past life I am heart fully sorry.
At least someone admits it.

The problem is that we were lied to about Teamcare. We were told by Hoffa that it "mirrors" the company plan.

Now people are realizing that Hoffa was talking about one of those skewed mirrors you see in a carnival funhouse.

I voted no and campaigned hard for it. But most believed that the president of the union would not lie to them about Teamcare.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
"The problem is that we were lied to about Teamcare. We were told by Hoffa that it "mirrors" the company plan."

It was a lie of omission .The devil was in the details.

twoweeled

If you think this is limited to UPS you should open your eyes. This is happening everywhere.

I don't think this is the only place this is happening. Not sure why that matters. I guess if everyone else takes a 50% cut, we should do the same, because others are taking it? I guess if other retirement plans allow for cost of living, UPS will willingly give us cost of living also? Point is, UPS is very profitable and can afford it. There is one pie. We are both trying to get as much for us, while taking from the other side. UPS is winning big time, right now. If UPS was taking huge losses, you can be sure we'd all be taking larger cuts. The profitability of a company matters greatly when talking about negotiations.
It's rationalizing like yours, that is partly responsible for the lack of progress we've experienced in our contracts.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

twoweeled

"The problem is that we were lied to about Teamcare. We were told by Hoffa that it "mirrors" the company plan."

I still remember Andy telling us that in one of those town hall type meetings we had, before the vote. Hoodwinked again! they got it in, and surprise!!

twoweeled

You keep going back to contracts and give backs.
It's a national issue, not just UPS flipping you the bird.
There's a reason UPS dropped employees into Teamcare, it's unsustainable.
Just because our company UPS made money doesn't mean they should break even because your co-pays went up $5.

Bottom line: You use the healthcare, you're going to pay more. If you want the contract to fix it, don't expect wage raises EVER.

"There's a reason UPS dropped employees into Teamcare, it's unsustainable."?
You really believe that? I guess that explains why UPS has lost so much money over all these years.
Yes, if people believe that same as you, we will definitely not be getting anymore decent raises, or keeping much of a medical plan. As long as I can remember, we have cut our own throats. And continue to do exactly that today.

twoweeled

How 'bout this.
Call UPS and give back your raises from the last 5 years.
Tell them to put it toward your healthcare costs.
Then that $12 flu shot might not cost you anything, or did it !!!

Also, if you are using the healthcare as much as it seems you do, I can understand YOUR sticker shock.
I have no kids, no health issues and get a checkup every other year, should I have to pay more so your co-pay goes down. DON'T THINK SO

If anyone wants to know why we have, and continue to lose the contract negotiation fight. Just read the above opinion. That is why we're losing the fight. Not rocket science. Just rolling over and accepting everything and anything we're told. Be happy you have a job people!! We need Carrie Heffernan! Bad!

anHOURover

I hate to break the news to you brothers but NO vaccine is covered by Teamcare for adults..... Everything the vote no guys said is true!! Shame on the many who believed the clowns in the marble palace and the union hall! So much for a "mirrored" plan

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

No, it was a bold face lie.

"Not $90, not $9, not $.09"

How will that translate in 2017 and beyond?