Teamcare does NOT cover flu shot anymore!!!

twoweeled

You've lost focus as well.
The whole healthcare system is screwed. The costs have risen exponentially, not in the last decade, but just the last few years.
The amount that is being paid by UPS to cover healthcare costs can not keep up with the price increases.
Even the best health plans in the country are forcing more money out of the participant's pockets.

If it means I have to pay 12 bucks for a flu shot, SO BE IT.
At least I know that the big things that can bankrupt me are covered.

The person was directly stating insurance was no longer covering flu shots. That was the point. You chose to show math insinuating it would be foolish not to pay it because of the lost of days paid. That was no where in his points. No where! staying close to point is important.

Now apparently you find it acceptable for out insurance to delete certain coverage because YOU apparently have gone over the books and concluded, insurance can no longer cover that. When and how you audited the books is a heck of a jog I'm sure. However, the daily surprises that are rising daily for some of us may not be as easily acceptable to all of us, as they are to you. The (tell them it's the same, then let them find out later" is rubbing some the wrong way. We are not all so compliant.

twoweeled

I didn't lose anything, matter of fact I gained some.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm assuming you do go to the doctor! (I know I didn't in my younger years).
That's the way it should be. That's progress. If we lose coverage, we're going backwards. thumbs up!

SHAIV

I never got the flu shot till this year. Only had it once to my knowledge. Swine flu. It's more for old people and kids. Not for us healthy working men. Lol I get it for free because my wife works at a doctors office

born2Bwild

At issue is this: why are trustees interfering with what is good and beneficial for us? Who are they to decide that ? It said they made their decision(?) that is not effective based on Medical Community. Where is the proof? Link?
Didn't the Union was against employer or the insurance co. Deciding what is beneficial and not for us? Here we are looking at them doing the same that they were against before
Even the human resource think that it should be covered. We can understand immunization against rare decease for adult such like swine flu, Ebola, etc. when they are not edeclared edpindemic are not covered. in the case of flu shot a lot of us get sick with it, and when u get it you loose 2 or 3 days up to a week with some people with weak immune system time from work. In my case I used to get sick with cold 3 or 4 time in winter season every year but since I am getting flu shot I've gotten sick once in the last 2 years that I recall.

Teamcare does not cover immunizations of any kind for adults. It has nothing to do with the efficacy of the flu shot or any other shot. It is what is in the plan. This is one of many areas that Teamcare does not meet the Obamacare standards.

rod

Retired 22 years
$185 now ... not covered by insurance, must have an Rx, reduces chances by 50% - I have not got one.

I get a flu shot and pneumonia shot every year.

I got my shingles shot at the VA and was on a waiting list for like 3 months. I've seen people with shingles---I don't want anything to do with it.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Seems like the focus of "why isn't this covered anymore by out insurance" has been lost on some of us. Lose a few small things every year, and it'll be painless!
If you think this is limited to UPS you should open your eyes. This is happening everywhere.
the fact that many of us mock and accept losing different coverage, explains why we're losing them! We've been cutting out own throats since I can remember.
Yeah what a sham. Some of the best healthcare coverage out there with 0 out of pocket cost. Essentially unheard of these days. My parents couldn't believe it when I showed them the healthcare coverage I got as an hourly. My stepdad still thinks they were pulling something out of my check to pay for it.
in the case of flu shot a lot of us get sick with it, and when u get it you loose 2 or 3 days up to a week with some people with weak immune system time from work.
I bet for the most part hub employees and drivers wouldn't have weak immune systems. It's a tough environment working in operations. You can't have a weak system.

RealPerson

If you think this is limited to UPS you should open your eyes. This is happening everywhere.

Yeah what a sham. Some of the best healthcare coverage out there with 0 out of pocket cost. Essentially unheard of these days. My parents couldn't believe it when I showed them the healthcare coverage I got as an hourly. My stepdad still thinks they were pulling something out of my check to pay for it.

I bet for the most part hub employees and drivers wouldn't have weak immune systems. It's a tough environment working in operations. You can't have a weak system.
SO WRONG...

Yep other companies are losing benefits, but they did not have Record profits over and over again like UPS was and is....

No out of pocket??? that is the OLD plan sir.

Well they both had Co Pays, but now I am getting lots of these little bills all the time and the Last year of the contract the deductible kicks in...

Then there is the yearly max out of pocket, I am over $1,000 I have to pay so far this year.....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
SO WRONG...

Yep other companies are losing benefits, but they did not have Record profits over and over again like UPS was and is....

No out of pocket??? that is the OLD plan sir.

Well they both had Co Pays, but now I am getting lots of these little bills all the time and the Last year of the contract the deductible kicks in...

Then there is the yearly max out of pocket, I am over $1,000 I have to pay so far this year.....

How 'bout this.
Call UPS and give back your raises from the last 5 years.
Tell them to put it toward your healthcare costs.
Then that $12 flu shot might not cost you anything, or did it !!!

Also, if you are using the healthcare as much as it seems you do, I can understand YOUR sticker shock.
I have no kids, no health issues and get a checkup every other year, should I have to pay more so your co-pay goes down. DON'T THINK SO

RealPerson

How 'bout this.
Call UPS and give back your raises from the last 5 years.
Tell them to put it toward your healthcare costs.
Then that $12 flu shot might not cost you anything, or did it !!!

Also, if you are using the healthcare as much as it seems you do, I can understand YOUR sticker shock.
I have no kids, no health issues and get a checkup every other year, should I have to pay more so your co-pay goes down. DON'T THINK SO
Nope I earned those raises, they are also called Cost of living depending on who you ask...

Still NO REASON TO GIVE BACK besides a WEAK union.
Company has record profits for many quarters, and projected to do so on and on....

You also forget you are NOT paying anything.
UPS pays by the end of the contract $22 per hour per person for Pension and healthcare...

It is also a 2 way street, what about all the part time the will never retire that UPS is paying pension on for people like you to retire pumping up your retirement fund?? Maybe that should be in their checks.......

Look you can look at it many different ways....
Bottom line There should of NEVER been givebacks for THIS contract.....
and from what I understand this doesn't follow obama care??? IDK

Remember cheaper better vote for him the big Union guys said....

Done...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You keep going back to contracts and give backs.
It's a national issue, not just UPS flipping you the bird.
There's a reason UPS dropped employees into Teamcare, it's unsustainable.
Just because our company UPS made money doesn't mean they should break even because your co-pays went up $5.

Bottom line: You use the healthcare, you're going to pay more. If you want the contract to fix it, don't expect wage raises EVER.

You keep going back to contracts and give backs.
It's a national issue, not just UPS flipping you the bird.
There's a reason UPS dropped employees into Teamcare, it's unsustainable.
Just because our company UPS made money doesn't mean they should break even because your co-pays went up $5.

Bottom line: You use the healthcare, you're going to pay more. If you want the contract to fix it, don't expect wage raises EVER.
Same problems as many of the pension plans. Everyone wanted the 75 cent cash raise. Not the 50 cent raise and a quarter into the pension plan.