Teamsters Back to Work

GenericUsername

Cool so I can just bring it in now after my 8? I mean I've got a family, other commitments and what not. (asking for a friend)
This is the way it should be anyways, especially when we're about to hit triple digits daily. Start us earlier if you want us to deliver 180+ stops. There's no reason to be working 12 hour days when it's as hot as it's going to be.

Seymour Packages

Cool so I can just bring it in now after my 8? I mean I've got a family, other commitments and what not. (asking for a friend)
The job post and contract state that part time employees are not obligated to work more than 5 hours. Many dont know this and UPS exploits this. People have lives outside of work, as much as UPS hates to admit that fact. In other news, those 9.5 grievance checks are helping me get ahead in my mortgage.

JustDeliverIt

Seems like this would set a precedent for PTers who have other commitments and can't stay over at the whim of some hotshot PT supe.

That would be great for PTers but I don't see the company letting it play out like that. Then they would actually have to hire enough employees to do the job and that's something they don't want to do.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
This is the way it should be anyways, especially when we're about to hit triple digits daily. Start us earlier if you want us to deliver 180+ stops. There's no reason to be working 12 hour days when it's as hot as it's going to be.
Lord knows I would love to start before 9am everyday. Most businesses are opened up earlier anyways and if not then it’s just a closed 1

I feel like start times are generated from the air arrival anyways.

meritocracy

I like this Vinny Perrone dude. Apparently he showed up at the center manager's house with this sign truck after the PTers were fired. Looked him up and he's on the Teamsters United slate.

178648568_231212878777904_722443331086684103_n.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

This is what happens when a strong local stands up to this scumbag company. Now let's hope they whip on them at panel and get backpay for the members!
So we can now decide for ourselves when to punch out? And what does pregnancy have to do with anything? I thought the gals were totally equal?

Truth is, they might get their jobs back but that's it unless the contract says they can leave when they want.

DOK

The job post and contract state that part time employees are not obligated to work more than 5 hours. Many dont know this and UPS exploits this. People have lives outside of work, as much as UPS hates to admit that fact. In other news, those 9.5 grievance checks are helping me get ahead in my mortgage.
Where in the contract? I find it amusing that no matter how much of a mess there is part time sup’s up and walk out in the middle of the mess at their 5 hour max, no questions asked. Pure chaos and they run for the time clock.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I like this Vinny Perrone dude. Apparently he showed up at the center manager's house with this sign truck after the PTers were fired. Looked him up and he's on the Teamsters United slate.

View attachment 337004
Seems stupid to mix business with someone's personal life, potentially putting innocent lives in danger? For what, a election? The family should sue the local for a stunt like this.

quad decade guy

Ok.

Since when do you get to set the rules? Or anyone at any job where they work for someone else?

Why don't you just quit?

quad decade guy

This is what happens when a strong local stands up to this scumbag company. Now let's hope they whip on them at panel and get backpay for the members!
Just curious....

If this company is so "scumbag"......why do you work here?

Just leave.....just quit.

In fact, aren't you very hypocritical? And maybe in a scumbaggish way?

Seymour Packages

So we can now decide for ourselves when to punch out? And what does pregnancy have to do with anything? I thought the gals were totally equal?

Truth is, they might get their jobs back but that's it unless the contract says they can leave when they want.
804 is one of the strongest locals in the country. They will be fine.