Teamsters Back to Work

Drink Craft Beer

The job post and contract state that part time employees are not obligated to work more than 5 hours. Many dont know this and UPS exploits this. People have lives outside of work, as much as UPS hates to admit that fact. In other news, those 9.5 grievance checks are helping me get ahead in my mortgage.
They do???

I was told a long time ago that you stay until everything is processed.

Drink Craft Beer

You ever see it in a contract? Or is this something your boss told you?
That's what the job is. There're no 2nd shift pre-load coming in to take over so others can leave at the 5hr mark.

They can't put a stop time on the schedule or there would be those taking advantage of it. If everything is processed a half hour early then said scheduled stop time, the company would be obligated to pay that time. They'd be assigned to something dumb to do, until they reached the stop time posted.

I've never heard of a job that you can just walkout w/o being disciplined.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
58z4kk.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's what the job is. There're no 2nd shift pre-load coming in to take over so others can leave at the 5hr mark.

They can't put a stop time on the schedule or there would be those taking advantage of it. If everything is processed a half hour early then said scheduled stop time, the company would be obligated to pay that time. They'd be assigned to something dumb to do, until they reached the stop time posted.

I've never heard of a job that you can just walkout w/o being disciplined.
So, this is what your boss told you
It’s a part time job it should be treated as such

Drink Craft Beer

So, this is what your boss told you
It’s a part time job it should be treated as such
Can you show me where in the contract that states you can just walk out undisciplined at the 5hr mark?

It's a pat time job with full benefits, vacations, option days, overtime. Whenever a possible new employee comes in and takes a small tour to see what the job entails etc... that person should be told by the sup, that there is no set stop time. You work until everything is processed, then you go home.

If a truck breaks down and the last load is going to be 30/45mins later than projected, you stay until it's processed.

If you want a PT job, with set hours, so it doesn't conflict with other daily morning obligations..... then simply don't work at UPS.

nWo

All this shows is that UPS needs to hire more FT Hub employees. UPS is stealing from our pension fund by forcing part timers to work a ft schedule.