Teamsters election may hold cards for upcoming UPS contract talks

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
There has never been a president from the Western region.Correct me if I am wrong it seems every president was from the Central Region or the East Coast.Does Vairma even stand a chance of being elected? Who is more likely to fight for us? Enforcing our contract,protecting teamster jobs from automation,mandatory vaccines etc. Is Vairma willing to stand up to UPS? O'Brien seems willing to fight it looks like he has the energy.

The thing that concerns me is that OZ really won't be able to deliver on their promises. UPS Teamsters see his list of demands and drool, but it's impossible to get all of them, and I'm not really sure he'll get UPS to concede any of them.

He can't just wish 22.4s away. No idea how he's going to make UPS start PTers at $20/hr AND get catch-up raises for existing PTers. I like his ideas on PVDs and subcontracting, but he's selling these ideas as forgone accomplishments, like he's going to do all of this whether UPS likes it or not, and it just doesn't work that way.

PT Car Washer

The thing that concerns me is that OZ really won't be able to deliver on their promises. UPS Teamsters see his list of demands and drool, but it's impossible to get all of them, and I'm not really sure he'll get UPS to concede any of them.

He can't just wish 22.4s away. No idea how he's going to make UPS start PTers at $20/hr AND get catch-up raises for existing PTers. I like his ideas on PVDs and subcontracting, but he's selling these ideas as forgone accomplishments, like he's going to do all of this whether UPS likes it or not, and it just doesn't work that way.
Explain how catch up raises for existing PTers would work.

Explain how catch up raises for existing PTers would work.
I take it as if you bump all new-hires up 4 or 5 bucks, you also give the existing PTers a relatable bump, so as to avoid wage compression. So, if you've been here 6 years and make $17/hr, now you bump everyone up to $20, you make as much as the guy who's been here 6 days. That's not "fair" in many minds.

Maybe I'm way off, but that's how I understand it.

PT Car Washer

I take it as if you bump all new-hires up 4 or 5 bucks, you also give the existing PTers a relatable bump, so as to avoid wage compression. So, if you've been here 6 years and make $17/hr, now you bump everyone up to $20, you make as much as the guy who's been here 6 days. That's not "fair" in many minds.

Maybe I'm way off, but that's how I understand it.
That would make me and a couple of other PTers the highest paid Union members in the building. There has to be a ceiling on wages at some point.