Teamsters endorse Joe Biden??

Method Mensch

I’d say close to 100% of UPS full time union are Republican. What an insult to support Biden. The Union is clueless. All the Dems care about are those who don’t want to work.
I disagree that it's 100%, but its probably ~50ish here in the Northeast. It has confused me that so many of my Teamster brothers and sisters hold such right-of-center views and can be adamantly supportive of The Teamsters at the same time. The Republicans have historically been and continue to be anti-union. Every chance the Trump administration has had to screw unions, they ran with it.
Every chance they get to indulge the super-rich and corporations with tax breaks and other loopholes, they run with it. Meanwhile, us working stiffs pay through the nose.

textat3

Where did that number come from? If you do not want Union wages and benefits go work for FedEx or another non Union company.

The Teamsters endorsed Reagan for President in 1980.

Did I ever say I didn’t want Union wages and benefit? I would never work at Fed Ex. I am just expressing my displeasure with the Teamsters supporting Biden. People at our income level, with our work ethic have no business being associated with anyone or any organization that thinks Biden is the answer. Go to YouTube and type in Raccoon beaten by mob. Those are the Biden voters.

textat3

Looks like youtube removed the video....google raccoon beaten by mob in NYC...those are the people Biden will take care of....along with Bill De Blasio and his “wife...”

Method Mensch

you beat me to it. look at history OP. GOP is for big business and unions hurt profits. ( or so they think )
It's creepier than that. The money being made by a company doesn't change, but the share of the money that goes to the workers through wages and benefits with a union don't go to the shareholders. There's a fight for those dollars that's more tolerable for the workers if they're organized.

Method Mensch

I’d say close to 100% of UPS full time union are Republican. What an insult to support Biden. The Union is clueless. All the Dems care about are those who don’t want to work.
4f80141ed5009b57366db9179630beff.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
WTH!! Teamsters said the executive advisory board voted unanimously, I’d like to know how the members voted. I think that would tell a different story.
What did you expect? They have been way out of touch with a good chunk of their membership for sometime now.

Do they support its membership being forced into crappy government healthcare? I guess they do because singer payer is what this Democrat party wants.

JJinVA

Maybe instead of striking we should all just drop out of the union and stop paying dues. friend em. That would send a message to the top real quick.

But its honestly not shocking. I mean I heard the supes talking about how they have to take racial bias training the other day. And Carol Tome' all but endorsed blm. Which really, whenever I see a white person supporting blm, my first thought is, this sign should be interpreted as "please dear angry black man dont attack me. Im a fellow black white man just like yew!"

Neither party cares about unions.
It's a non issue when choosing who to vote for.
Who working Americans vote for is a huge issue. I realize that as a PT preload sup you believe that you are part of a multi billionaire corporation but you make less than most PT Union members and always well and less benefits. Keep pushing that trump kool aid.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
I used to think that even most of the PTers were liberal in my hub but I've been proven wrong many times. To be honest, I dont get the love for the Republican party of Reagan. They are more interested in big business and support anti union legislation like Right to Work. I'm not saying Democrats are any better, just a thought.

ManInBrown

Unionize labor endorsing a candidate that supports unionize labor?
Lmao. Supporting unionized labor. The unions got Obama elected, then when the Teamsters turned around and asked Obama to help get Fedex out from under the RLA to level the playing field, he told the Teamsters to pound sand.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Lmao. Supporting unionized labor. The unions got Obama elected, then when the Teamsters turned around and asked Obama to help get Fedex out from under the RLA to level the playing field, he told the Teamsters to pound sand.
And how is that a union problem? Sounds like a corporate UPS problem, and not my problem.

ManInBrown

And how is that a union problem? Sounds like a corporate UPS problem, and not my problem.
You really think Fedex being under the RLA and paying their employees pennies, compared to our wages, doesn’t affect the hourly workforce? In the long run?

The Democrats are no longer the working man and woman party Like they used to be. They are the party of everything that is wrong today in America. The party of illegal aliens. The party of turning a bling eye to rioting and looting. It’s sickening.

Last edited: