Teamsters Local 705 Election

illiana

Well if you`ve been around long enough to remember what real bad administrations are like you could see why I will speak up against any slate running for the leadership of my union that includes a self centered/time stealing leech like Mike B in its lineup. Mike and his group don`t even try to campaign to the drivers,only to part timers from in the hub who have no idea what he`s up to. Why`s that? Maybe because his fellow drivers have seen how he works,how he acts,and just generally full of shiz he is?
What`s despicable is to see him tell these PT`s the lies he`s telling them,what he`s going to do for them,etc, just to try and get the PT vote. IF he were to win that would be the last they would hear of him.
Thank you so much for your response but this is how I feel about your statement. You have judged members running for office on what you feel they may do. The current administration has nothing to do with part-timers and they never will. Your statement should reflect what the current pathetic leaders of the local are doing to majority of the members.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I am really no great fan of dragon's, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon
Nope - just gonna fit it in where I can
Quote: Orignally posted by cachsux

Funny,thats what your girl said.
Leave it to the low life's to make a statement like that. Hell, talk about the being back in highschool mentality....

IS that REALLY the best you can do?

So Red, tell us how you really feel. Who you gonna vote for????:wink2:

d

I'm brand new to this website, but I can see most of you must work at CACH. Disgruntled, angry, insignificant, racist, pathetic complainers. Feelings of entitlement, fragile egos and an overall lack of testicle fortitude. IBT is supposed to be brothers but only when that suits you. I see the attitudes this election has provoked. People's true colors have been exposed for what they really are. If Steve has done such a great job why is he the one sweating this election? Mike Moore is not wrong when he called him a thief. Steve did give himself an illegal $5000.00 raise which Joint Council made him pay back. Steve helped Feeder Drivers only with that last contract. What all of you guys can't grasp outside your little world of the CACH yard is that there are Part-timers and 22.3 who also exist. We need representation and want to be informed more than just being told to cross an illegal wild cat strike picket line. That's the only time part-timers matter, to serve the show of strength and of course right now when Steve desperately needs our vote. I hope Steve loses this election. He never shows his face, not even now. What is he so afraid of?

The Howard Moore Slate seems like a fresh start. Angry is the attitude and complaining that goes on amongst the drivers about how the company is always screwing them and how unappreciative they are to be making the money Feeder drivers make. Insignificant in that their lives must be so uninteresting and sad that all they have is this pecking order and can be over somebody. Most are there 13 hours and have no other life or are about to be divorced from their 2nd or third wife. Racist in the ways that CACH has had 3 racial slurs against black people in the past 3 months. HR had to get involved and remind drivers of conduct procedures. Funny how there hasn't been an act since that, except for the few cowardly racial remarks on soap boxes about voting for J.J. DYNOMITE. which refers to Howard Moore being a black man.

Thank you so much for your response but this is how I feel about your statement. You have judged members running for office on what you feel they may do. As opposed to the above where CACH THIS does nothing to say what his slate will do but rather attacks not only the present slate but the very union members hes thinks will vote for him/them.
The current administration has nothing to do with part-timers and they never will. Your statement should reflect what the current pathetic leaders of the local are doing to majority of the members.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Please tell me what the current administration has done for all the members 705 on equal situations.
Are you able to list three things?

Red705 my simple question to you was and still is very confusing to you and the current administration that you support. You poured your heart out for the administration that you support but my question still has yet to be answered. What has your current administration done for the major contributors of the local, the part time members were never mentioned in your response, or do they count?

Your question is a little confusing, however I will make an attempt.

Every grievance gets heard for its merit, we DO NOT trade grievances.

Our 9.5 grievances get paid, we do not have act of god language allowing sups to work.

Since we have a sitting arbitrator we have won more than 80% of our terminations, including 2 missort terminations with full back pay.

All of our laid off employees receive their current full time pay rate while performing laid off work, no pay cuts.

Grievances have been filed and each and every 22.3 lay off has been heard separate, we have not bulked them together, each will be arbitrated separate.

Any laid off feeder driver now has the right to bump a junior feeder driver in our local, this is won in the last contract. In the past you could only bump by district.

Stewards are sent for schooling to colleges, national labor college in Maryland and New Mexico, De Paul university in Chicago and University of Wisconsin in Madison WI. Our current administration took pay cuts in 2004 and have used this money to educate us the stewards so the members have the best representation.

We have 4 people that ran against us in the last election now supporting us, just go to https://web.archive.org/web/20110210204719/http://sps705.com/sps705.com/Welcome.html and read for yourself.

Steve Pocztowski is the Secretary treasure of the 2nd biggest local and his salary is $164,000, this includes his salary from JC25. Just look at how many other Teamster reps make more. Steve is the only person in 705 that makes $100,000 a year, look at 710 for instance.
https://web.archive.org/web/20090920035339/http://tdu.org/files/2009salaryreport.pdf

This administration has fought and won the jobs back of the guys that have run against them, each member is important and politics do not enter into it.

Lets not forget Labor leader of the year award. http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/teamster-leader-awarded-labor-leader-of-the-year.243459/

How about when Steve fought for our retires? https://web.archive.org/web/20101128222745/http://tdu.org/node/2818

When DHL threw out 700 employees? Steve got everyone of them a severance package. https://web.archive.org/web/20091124065250/http://tdu.org/node/2540

Everything highlighted in red bold, does include part timers. The two missort grievance terminations, please explain how that does not help part timers? are they not the majority of people doing the sorting and loading?

Do you honestly think that only full time employees get fired? Part time employees have won their jobs back at arbitration and in many cases before it made it to the sitting arbitrator.

Part time grievance carry as much urgency as full time grievances.

Sending stewards for education courses to benefit ALL members, we are not only divided part time and full time if you allow yourself to believe that. Many of us full timers where at one point in your shoes As part timer. And I will honestly say that it is better today than it has ever been in my 15 years and 4 administrations that I have had running this local.

And just so you know I do not hide from anyone, just because I have not been on for a few days do not think it was because you wanted to debate/argue some points.

I will even debate them on the campaign trail, I was at Cach yesterday in the morning and night sorts, and Jeff st for the twilight sort. Look me up any time.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am really no great fan of dragon's, but....

Leave it to the low life's to make a statement like that. Hell, talk about the being back in highschool mentality....

IS that REALLY the best you can do?

So Red, tell us how you really feel. Who you gonna vote for????:wink2:

d
Danny when a poster attacks another poster poster he should be ready for game on. I do not feel bad for dragon for anything that gets said to him/her. He started with the home coming queen comment directed at me.
I did not need Cach to come to my defense, but he did. And probably so because he was aware that the last two weeks I have devoted my vacation time to campaign for my local election.

And yes I am voting for the Steve Pocztowski Slate. The Teamsters friendor Coal Miner Slate, is made up of former agents that have been voted out or just plain out fired for not representing the members. And these people have lost two straight elections and have no real reason to run which costs this local $100,000 every 3 years of our dues money.

After the 2003 election was covered under a Coal miners contract which was ratified by the out going admin after the ballots where counted and they new they lost. In doing so they attempted to hand cuss Steve going in, Steve fired everyone that was not holding there own. One individual received a buyout of vacation time he said he had coming. For over $20,000, how many UPSERS do you know that receive that much vacation time?

Another agent that wants to get back in had us paying her $900 a month cell phone bills from our dues money, $900 a month!

They bankrupted this local and the members have spoken twice already, this is the strike out pitch election!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm brand new to this website, but I can see most of you must work at CACH. Disgruntled, angry, insignificant, racist, pathetic complainers. Feelings of entitlement, fragile egos and an overall lack of testicle fortitude. IBT is supposed to be brothers but only when that suits you. I see the attitudes this election has provoked. People's true colors have been exposed for what they really are. If Steve has done such a great job why is he the one sweating this election? Mike Moore is not wrong when he called him a thief. Steve did give himself an illegal $5000.00 raise which Joint Council made him pay back. Steve helped Feeder Drivers only with that last contract. What all of you guys can't grasp outside your little world of the CACH yard is that there are Part-timers and 22.3 who also exist. We need representation and want to be informed more than just being told to cross an illegal wild cat strike picket line. That's the only time part-timers matter, to serve the show of strength and of course right now when Steve desperately needs our vote. I hope Steve loses this election. He never shows his face, not even now. What is he so afraid of?

The Howard Moore Slate seems like a fresh start. Angry is the attitude and complaining that goes on amongst the drivers about how the company is always screwing them and how unappreciative they are to be making the money Feeder drivers make. Insignificant in that their lives must be so uninteresting and sad that all they have is this pecking order and can be over somebody. Most are there 13 hours and have no other life or are about to be divorced from their 2nd or third wife. Racist in the ways that CACH has had 3 racial slurs against black people in the past 3 months. HR had to get involved and remind drivers of conduct procedures. Funny how there hasn't been an act since that, except for the few cowardly racial remarks on soap boxes about voting for J.J. DYNOMITE. which refers to Howard Moore being a black man.
Really who is the racist? Why where you MR. Bennet only handing out your literature to black people last night at gate 2 at Cach? You know the flyer where you have Moore's face next to Obama's face saying we did it than we can do it now!

No one has ever played any race card form Steve's slate! Steve has 2 black agents 1 being a female at cach along with a Hispanic male , and 2 white agents with one of them being another female, thats sounds pretty diverse to me! That's a total of 5 agents for one building but Steve is a racist!

UPSSOCKS

Ladies race and gender doesn't matter. Does it really make a difference who takes your dues to the cleaners?

This quote from Red:
"No one has ever played any race card form Steve's slate! Steve has 2 black agents 1 being a female at cach along with a Hispanic male , and 2 white agents with one of them being another female, thats sounds pretty diverse to me!"

Red you should be ashamed of yourself. So it's ok for the minorities to be BA's but not on the slate. Why can't the minorities be on the slate? I never tagged you as that kind of guy. If you were all brothers race and gender shouldn't matter.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ladies race and gender doesn't matter. Does it really make a difference who takes your dues to the cleaners?

This quote from Red:
"No one has ever played any race card form Steve's slate! Steve has 2 black agents 1 being a female at cach along with a Hispanic male , and 2 white agents with one of them being another female, thats sounds pretty diverse to me!"

Red you should be ashamed of yourself. So it's ok for the minorities to be BA's but not on the slate. Why can't the minorities be on the slate? I never tagged you as that kind of guy. If you were all brothers race and gender shouldn't matter.
Your an IDIOT! Some of the agents are elected!!!!!!!! There are appointed and elected, which 3 of the 5 agents at cach are elected!

Go spin your teamster hatred somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Red

The reason I posted what I did about the conversation with dragon, its not what you said. You are not the type of poster to sink to the type of response cach had. That is why even among those that disagree with you, they have a deep respect for you and your point of view.

Cant say the same for cach.........

Sounds like your local was run like ours was until the members took it back.

d

Red

The reason I posted what I did about the conversation with dragon, its not what you said. You are not the type of poster to sink to the type of response cach had. That is why even among those that disagree with you, they have a deep respect for you and your point of view.

Cant say the same for cach.........

Sounds like your local was run like ours was until the members took it back.

d

Well,gosh,Dan. I`m so sorry I didn`t meet your standards for humor. Tell you what,I`ll PM you all my responses from now on to make sure they meet YOUR approval here on someone else's website.
If you dig through enough of Dragons posts you`ll find that he can be an attacking little tool to which I responded in like.
So sorry I let you down. I`ll turn to Shakespeare to find my next witty bon mot.

Now back to our union pissing match.

This message brought to you by: The United Association For Butting in on Others

jaded1

counting the days til 80

This quote from Red:

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Internet troll)
Jump to: navigation, search

"Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation DNFTT redirect here. For the Wikimedia essay, see "What is a troll?".
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

UPSSOCKS

Your an IDIOT! Some of the agents are elected!!!!!!!! There are appointed and elected, which 3 of the 5 agents at cach are elected!

Go spin your teamster hatred somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which ones are elected sissy boy? Probably not the minorities. I think a black man should be president of 705. But you and your friends with the pillow cases on your heads wouldn't agree. I wish you would say what you thought face to face with some of your union brothers. See how long you would last. It's easy to sit on your computer and chirp, how about acting like a man for once instead of a punk....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Which ones are elected sissy boy? Probably not the minorities. I think a black man should be president of 705. But you and your friends with the pillow cases on your heads wouldn't agree. I wish you would say what you thought face to face with some of your union brothers. See how long you would last. It's easy to sit on your computer and chirp, how about acting like a man for once instead of a punk....
You should take your own advice.

AWESOME!!! We need more people like you illiana. Others see it too. Speak up and let your voice be heard. I'm proud of you.

Hey Mikey,speaking of your voice being heard,we hear a part timer had to go to his supervisor to get you removed from his trailer so he could do his job as you we`re chattering so much you were in the way. And it was so good of you to go to outbound 1 to campaign the other night from 6 - 630 or so,while on the clock,instead of doing your job putting sets together. And also when you were in and around outbound 4 for your 2 1/2 hour lunch,you did enter it as unpaid time when you punched out didn`t you? It would be a shame for the officer running for 705 president to be fired for stealing time.
It was fun though to watch South Park with you upstairs in the shifter cafe Wed night. Nothing like sharing a few laughs watching TV instead of working,hope Barb doesn`t find out though.
Please be careful when you do work,you drive around so fast. And don`t forget to double check what you do,when you actually do something. Word is one of the long haulers had to redo a set you put together to keep it from coming apart on them. At least you get paid by the hour and not the piece. Don`t be afraid to ask for help if you need it. You`re in 54528,right? I`ll come find you and give you a hand.

raceanoncr

I am a sissy boy! I a black man should be president of 705. But you and your friends with the pillow cases on your heads wouldn't agree. I wish you would say what you thought you thought I thought that you thought that he thought that I think I think face to face with some of my brothers. See how long you would last in a thinking contest with me. Uh, I'm thinking, maybe 5 seconds, cuz I get real tired. It's easy to sit on your computer and BLEEP, like me. how about acting like a man for once, like I can't do, instead of a punk...like me.
Hmmm...OK. Again, very insightful.

raceanoncr

Ladies, you know you like race (and race likes you too, ladies) and gender doesn't matter (except when I have to strap on, if you know what I mean?). Does it really make a difference who takes your dues to the cleaners? I mean, if I carry them in my purse, does it REALLY matter?

This quote from Red:
"No one has ever played any race (hey, that's me again!) card form Steve's slate! Steve has 2 black agents 1 being a female at cach along with a Hispanic male , and 2 white agents with one of them being another female, thats sounds pretty diverse to me!"

Red you should be ashamed of me, like my parents are. So it's ok for the minorities and idiots, like me to be BA's but not on the slate. Why can't the minorities and idiots like me be on the slate? I never tagged you as that kind of guy. If you were all brothers race (there's me again)and gender shouldn't matter.

Evidently, it sure doesn't matter to YOU, big boy!!!! Way to go bi-boy!

705red

Browncafe Steward
The link to our slate has been my signature for over a month now, why don't you pat a little attention sometimes and look for yourself.

I believe that the best person for the job should hold the job, I don't care if they are white, black or Hispanic just as long as they are not as stupid as you are!