Teamsters Local 705 Election

illiana

His slate (Steve P)? Name any slate or Teamster leadership that didn`t sell PT`s short at one point and time. I have sympathy for the PT`s having been one once but its hard to build a strong contract for a group that statistically doesn`t even vote on it and has a (at our bldg)60% turnover and therefore would not be eligible for benefits from said contract.
The huge turnover has a lot to do with long term members like ourselves that don't take the time out to educate and explain the function of the union to our members. I will be the first to admit that I haven't taken as much time as needed to inform those on the functions of the brotherhood. I have done my part but there is always more knowledge that can be passed on. If we take the time to educate our members they have and will listen.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The huge turnover has a lot to do with long term members like ourselves that don't take the time out to educate and explain the function of the union to our members. I will be the first to admit that I haven't taken as much time as needed to inform those on the functions of the brotherhood. I have done my part but there is always more knowledge that can be passed on. If we take the time to educate our members they have and will listen.

To be honest, most of the part-timers in the building(s) I have worked are HIRED SOLEY because they, to the company, show the least amount of interest in union activity.

I believe that the company has a hiring process which evaluates this somehow.

Regardless, from what I have seen the past few years in our hub of thousands of employees, very few are interested in the union and union activity. I feel as though I am forcing a topic of conversation that no one wants to hear whenever I speak of anything union related.

You can lead a horse to water...

UPSSOCKS

I could stoop myself down to your level, like some uneducated wanna be gangsta, but I have really tried to debate you on the real issues. Yet you spew lies and slander. We do not have a relationship, I believe in the members and people like you believe that you are above everyone else.

Enjoy your miserable life, and on December 5th I will post the results from our local election and you will see that you are in the minority, with the opinion that we have sold out to the companies.

It's impossible for your to stoop any lower tough guy. The company controls all. Your little boys club election is meaningless. "uneducated wanna be gansta" sounds racist. You should seek help.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
To be honest, most of the part-timers in the building(s) I have worked are HIRED SOLEY because they, to the company, show the least amount of interest in union activity.

Regardless, from what I have seen the past few years in our hub of thousands of employees, very few are interested in the union and union activity. I feel as though I am forcing a topic of conversation that no one wants to hear whenever I speak of anything union related.

Good point. As a rule apathy runs high until an employee is wronged in some way. Then they want the union to help them. I always try to talk the union up explain how it represents them and always put a positive face on the IBT.Sometime the old heads are the worst sell until they need representation.
In regards to the hiring practice. They cannot be that devious.Can they?

705red

Browncafe Steward
It's impossible for your to stoop any lower tough guy. The company controls all. Your little boys club election is meaningless. "uneducated wanna be gansta" sounds racist. You should seek help.
Coming from the likes of you, I will take that as a compliment, Thank you!

Now go put your pimple cream on and browse through your little sisters victoria secret magazine.

705red

Browncafe Steward
705red I believe that you have gotten me confused with someone else. I never stated that your administration has ever sold out to anyone. My responding to you is without any association to any slate. My life is very great and in due season you shall be able to witness that. I know what your administration has done to part-timers on a huge scale. This is nothing to debate the current contract dictates that. This union is about all the members as one. If I feel this isn't how your administration has conducted leadership I have the right to mention that. When I endorse a slate it won't be a secret.
I can't believe that it took me this long to figure out who you were. Ill-ana? You work in Illinios, yet you live in Indiana. You wouldnt happen to be running for Sec/Treas on the Temaster for change slate? lol,,, nice going Mike!:happy-very:

raceanoncr

It's impossible for me to stoop any lower and try to act like a tough guy. The company controls me. My little boys club is "fabulous", if you know what I mean. "uneducated wanna be gansta" sounds like something I copied when I was trying to be a rappa. I need help.

Sounds like a sincere plea for help.

illiana

I can't believe that it took me this long to figure out who you were. Ill-ana? You work in Illinios, yet you live in Indiana. You wouldnt happen to be running for Sec/Treas on the Temaster for change slate? lol,,, nice going Mike!:happy-very:
705red again you are unable to process anything in which I have communicated with you. I have no affiliation with any slate within this election. I have not endorsed any slate as we'll. It appears that you are are under a great deal of stress lately with this election. In due season you will not haft to guess about my identity. I suggest that you spend a little less time at cach with this election and represent our members. I hope that with your exhausting busy schedule that you haven't neglected the needs of our members. Because I would hate to think you are not putting our members first because I never hear you really mention them unless you are trying to get votes.
In conclusion while you were out trying to figure out if I was Mike Moore or someone else that has you so paranoid. I was enjoying a chinese dinner. The two fortune cookies had two great sayings that I feel relate too you best.

The intention is not to see through people, but rather to see people through.

The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.

Have a good night 705red and rest we'll so you may have more energy for your paranoia.
Illiana

illiana

They are shown little respect from our own union brotherhood and they are shown no respect from the company. They are alone without the proper guidance, direction and support. And now since there health care benefits have been taken away as we'll as holiday pay and disability I feel the downward spiral is going to get worse. What if all of us had all that taken away from us how would we feel about our union?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
They are shown little respect from our own union brotherhood and they are shown no respect from the company. They are alone without the proper guidance, direction and support. And now since there health care benefits have been taken away as we'll as holiday pay and disability I feel the downward spiral is going to get worse. What if all of us had all that taken away from us how would we feel about our union?

I'm sure it is different where you are, then. Our hub is filled with part-timers who side with the company and have no idea what the union means. The majority of part-timer union and supervisors "hang out" with each other, are buddy-buddy. The supervisors generally can work as much as they want and there is no problem. There are very few grievances. Honestly, there is really no need for the union in this building. Infact, the union is practically an extension of management. UPS and Teamsters work together in unison and following the contract is not important.

The employees are treated quite well in comparison to the smaller buildings I have worked in the hub, and in return management can make their fantasy numbers.

Also, that 1 year h/w language for part-timers is not nation-wide. Regions that have Teamster provided plans continue with the same plans and I believe it's 350 hours when h/w kicks in for part-timers. However, personal days, paid holidays, etc are 1 year for all newly hired part-timers.

UPSSOCKS

What company do you work for. Where doesn't part time union have health care or holiday and disability? That's where I want to work. I think all union employees should have to pay for their benefits. God knows you guys didn't earn them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What company do you work for. Where doesn't part time union have health care or holiday and disability? That's where I want to work. I think all union employees should have to pay for their benefits. God knows you guys didn't earn them.

Any union hourly could say the same thing about supervisors, part- time or full-time. God knows 90% of the children part-time supervising didn't earn it. Hell, we had a kid work 2 weeks loading a trailer and 2 weeks later was in the polo.

That to me is embarrasment - if I were a part-time supervisor for this company, I'd be ashamed.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
SMH,

We get a lot of new supervisor's because none of the employee's (read union) want to be in management. A lot of you guy's/gal's would make great management people, but most do not want to be in charge of other people. Yes you could list a million other reason's (please don't hijack the thread by listing them).

So we get what we get.

Let me ask you this, If it where up to you, what would the requirements be to get promoted at UPS? List just five. Full time and part time.

If the moderators would like to start a diffrent thread thats fine.

Last edited:

CACH THIS

Wow Steve P must be really desperate for votes, because now he is phone banking us. A call from Steve himself from 312-302-4548 asking for our support and make sure we vote. I don't know what phone he used to call but everyone can bother him as he was bothering all of us on Sunday with this pathetic attempt to connect to us by begging for votes. GO AWAY ALREADY!

Wow Steve P must be really desperate for votes, because now he is phone banking us. A call from Steve himself from 312-302-4548 asking for our support and make sure we vote. I don't know what phone he used to call but everyone can bother him as he was bothering all of us on Sunday with this pathetic attempt to connect to us by begging for votes. GO AWAY ALREADY!

Mikey, isn`t that what that part timer said when you wouldn`t get out of his trailer and had to go get the sup to tell you to leave? Pathetic attempt at getting votes? How does a legal telephone contact compare to YOU ,Mike B, campaigning ON THE CLOCK and stealing company paid time to pass out fliers and jaw jack in the hub or out in front of the building.

I see the time of your post have changed. Enjoying being out on the street at 9 better than having to put those darn 710 sets together? You weren`t very good at it anyway and it only made for more work for the millage drivers who wouldn`t take YOUR sets out without going over them with a fine tooth comb. Doesn`t it bother you that blowing off work to steal time only made the rest of the guys like Rod have to pick up your slack and the quality of your work give them a bad name? Or are you just preparing yourself for IF your slate was to win and you could sit back and reap the benefits of others labor?

Be careful out there Mikey B,they don`t tolerate goofing off when you do work on the street like you do in the yard so watch your back if you`re spreading the word instead of bringing back trailers.

illiana

Was this an actual call or a recording? All the barns that I go to I have yet to see them in any kind of numbers.