Teamsters to STRIKE UPS coming soon.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We don’t have enough people trained to cover those loads so the company said they were going to hire 100 trainers.... what would be ideal language in there to satisfy you??? Not trying to argue just curious because I am without a doubt a NO vote on this master anyway....there’s no way the company could train 2000 people in a year..

It’s 2000 jobs during the entirety of the contract, not 2000 a year. I’m against contractors. Even if we HAD to use contractors until we had enough Teamsters to run them, we should have language in the contract saying that. We don’t.

What we do have opens the door for a free-for-all.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s 2000 jobs during the entirety of the contract, not 2000 a year. I’m against contractors. Even if we HAD to use contractors until we had enough Teamsters to run them, we should have language in the contract saying that. We don’t.

What we do have opens the door for a free-for-all.
That’s the way I read it... that until we have enough trained up then they can use coyote... until outvguys can take over... this is the way I’m reading it...

Dracula

That’s the way I read it... that until we have enough trained up then they can use coyote... until outvguys can take over... this is the way I’m reading it...

What makes you think they will create ne sleeper teams? The language says nothing about that. It just says create 2000 new jobs to pull loads off the rail.

Once they get their foot in the door, look out.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What makes you think they will create ne sleeper teams? The language says nothing about that. It just says create 2000 new jobs to pull loads off the rail.

Once they get their foot in the door, look out.
I guess we’ll see... I’m still voting NO ...

Dracula

I guess we’ll see... I’m still voting NO ...

We’re already have by a tough time stopping UPS from using contractors, and the current language only lets the company use them during peak.

If we allow language in the contract that lets them use contractors for any rail load, that’s the beginning of the end for our good road jobs. As it is now, a lot of our mileage jobs carry loads from the rail.

It’s not hard to see how this might play out for us. They could dramatically increase the amount of jobs they put on the rail, and have a bunch of locations where those loads could be pulled from for contractors to run.

And again, UPS paid $1.8 billion for Coyote, and they would love nothing more than to ramp up the use of it.

2000 new jobs is nothing to sneeze at. But local rail jobs are just a step above shift jobs. Road jobs are our best jobs, and I’m afraid UPS’s intentions are to eliminate as many as they can.

542thruNthru

How can one vote "no" when there is no ballot. Look at the date. When do you plan to "vote", 4 months from now during peak? Hahaha!

This statement is stupid. That's like saying no one should ever campaign because they don't have the ballot in their hand.

I believe we will vote end of August or early September.