What is the REAL reason negotiations have stalled?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
After seeing how poorly the part timers have been treated the last 41 years in contracts I don’t believe for a second that the Union has suddenly decided that Part Time Pay is so important that the members will strike over it. It DOES make a great news story and is good for getting Public Support to swing our way in case of a strike but what are opinions of the REAL reasons negotiations broke down? What is the real reason we may go on strike?

My opinions are the company wants to make things like attendance a Cardinal sin, and wants to make the work week for the vast majority of employees Tuesday-Saturday

Brown Down

After seeing how poorly the part timers have been treated the last 41 years in contracts I don’t believe for a second that the Union has suddenly decided that Part Time Pay is so important that the members will strike over it. It DOES make a great news story and is good for getting Public Support to swing our way in case of a strike but what are opinions of the REAL reasons negotiations broke down? What is the real reason we may go on strike?

My opinions are the company wants to make things like attendance a Cardinal sin, and wants to make the work week for the vast majority of employees Tuesday-Saturday
i agree on 1 but i think its more like retail in 2 days off but not consecutive

Up In Smoke

It's not a position of strength to highlight the full time wages and benefits. Part time, on the other hand, is a fight for compassion and against greed that the public can relate to. Find the company's weak spot and hammer it home. Distract, distract, distract.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It's not a position of strength to highlight the full time wages and benefits. Part time, on the other hand, is a fight for compassion and against greed that the public can relate to. Find the company's weak spot and hammer it home. Distract, distract, distract.

It worked for Carey back in "97", why argue with success...

Pullman Brown

Why do you think that? Intuition? Somebody in the room? Hearsay from somebody in the room? Or some other reason?

542thruNthru

Well for one, politics. Can't run on removing part time poverty and then turn your back on it the first year. Personally I'm glad he's do this. We have enough division between the FTers and PTers. Selling them out again would only widen it more. With social media the younger pters are getting more accessible and to ignore that would probably be political suicide at some point.

I haven't heard anything about attendance but I do know in my area the company was trying to add "other serious offenses" to our cardinal infractions.

Depending on your supp language the company can already move the vast majority to T-S. 22.4s are gone so now the RPCD language I would assume is as well. I don't know of any language that says routes must be bid M-friend. I do know some areas have a date that FT drivers can not be forced to a Sat schedule but I think that's still pretty low. Like 2008 or something.

Thebrownblob

Well for one, politics. Can't run on removing part time poverty and then turn your back on it the first year. Personally I'm glad he's do this. We have enough division between the FTers and PTers. Selling them out again would only widen it more. With social media the younger pters are getting more accessible and to ignore that would probably be political suicide at some point.

I haven't heard anything about attendance but I do know in my area the company was trying to add "other serious offenses" to our cardinal infractions.

Depending on your supp language the company can already move the vast majority to T-S. 22.4s are gone so now the RPCD language I would assume is as well. I don't know of any language that says routes must be bid M-friend. I do know some areas have a date that FT drivers can not be forced to a Sat schedule but I think that's still pretty low. Like 2008 or something.
Lol making some sort of cardinal sin for attendance would empty the buildings out. Almost no one left to do the work.

SpicyItalian739

Lol making some sort of cardinal sin for attendance would empty the buildings out. Almost no one left to do the work.
As somebody who pulled himself up by his boot straps and worked with a 104 degree fever during Covid, I think attendance should be more than a cardinal sin—it should invoke capital punishment.

A couple part timers get publicly executed during break and all of a sudden no more attendance issues.

Thebrownblob

As somebody who pulled himself up by his boot straps and worked with a 104 degree fever during Covid, I think attendance should be more than a cardinal sin—it should invoke capital punishment.

A couple part timers get publicly executed during break and all of a sudden no more attendance issues.
Oh my God you work with 104 temperature and Covid.were you trying to kill everyone? Or just get them a 10 day paid vacation? 😆

SpicyItalian739

Oh my God you work with 104 temperature and Covid.were you trying to kill everyone? Or just get them a 10 day paid vacation? 😆
I was fine!
ded460dbff05a669156e2333c6b55cae.gif

Retired people shouldn't post

Some Jackass said that

I won't mention any names

I'll give you a little hint

It starts with Up. And ends with State...

SpicyItalian739

He was vaccinating the entire building, team player
I didn’t need to, I would usually see the preloaders out on break taking turns vaccinating each other behind the building. They’re very socially conscious like that. It did make them sleepy after, but it was crazy how many boosters they gave themselves though.